Can of Worms

I stood with Cole comfortably in the kitchen, chatting casually as we were preoccupied on our culinary masterpieces. (his, not so much, but it's the love you put into something that counts!) I was working on breakfast for me and Lloyd, while he was perfecting his Violet Berry soup. I jumped suddenly, letting go of my pan and dropping it onto my foot, being startled by Cole's sudden yelp.

"Shit... Dude what happened? You scared me so badly I dropped my pan!" I complained to him.

"My soup! It's been tampered with! It tastes like dog water!!!" He yells. I go over to him and try it, wincing from the taste.

"Oh this is WAY worse than normal..." I say.

My brother suddenly pops into the room, peeking his head in mischievously as he mentions something to me and Cole, "Hey Sis! Hey Cole! Is there anything wrong with the soup? I saw  spice things up, maybe it was him. I told him not to, but he said your cooking could use it. Bye!" I look at Cole, smoke practically fuming out of his nostrils.

"Oh god... Jay really went too far, sorry about your soup man. I know it took you a while to make it." I console Cole.

"I am SO getting him back!" Cole growls, clenching his fists tightly.

"I can help you make it again, how bout that? Maybe the process will go faster that way," I offer.

"That would be great... Thanks Y/N," He smiles at me. My eyes widen at the sight of him, butterflies suddenly fluttering around in my stomach. As Cole left the room, I touched my cheeks as a sudden warmth spread on my face. What is happening to me???@# I slap my cheeks and let out a sigh. I flinch from the sudden yelling from the rooms and head towards the sound.

"You couldn't just be happy with the top score. You HAD to rub it in my face!!"

"Do you know how long it took me to make that? Three days. THREE DAYS!"

"It's an unsaid law, okay? You don't touch a man's robot!"

"How am I supposed to strike fear in this? It's pink!"

"Guys... what's going on?" I ask all of them, their faces red in anger.

"COLE TOOK MY HIGHSCORE!"

"JAY MESSED UP MY SOUP!"

"ZANE RUINED MY ROBOT!"

"KAI MADE MY SUIT PINK!" My ears started ringing as they all let out piercing yells, chiming in together.

"Bro... do you guys hear yourselves right now??? Zane, I was with Kai last night, he never once touched the laundry, plus he's too lazy for that!" I reply.

"Yeah- Wait HEY!" He interrupts

"I was with Cole this morning too, I can vouch that he never went near the console at all. He's been too busy working on his soup to care. And I'm sure you two didn't tamper with anyone's stuff too right?" I look at Jay and Zane. Their eyes widen at the sudden realisation and all of them look at each other.

"Well who did it then..?" Kai asks. Wu enters and pulls open the bathroom door, revealing my brother amidst some spices that were probably used to ruin Cole's soup, tools that were used to damage Jay's robot, and some detergent used to make Zane's suit pink. They gasp in shock, their blood starting to boil.

"I get first dibs..."

"No you don't! I'll scold him just fine without any of your guys' help..." I put my hands on my hips and stand in front of Cole, pushing him aside.

"None of you will be scolding him, I put him up to this for today's lesson. I wanted to show you the destructive power of rumours and that jumping to conclusions can only lead to trouble. Did you ever think to find out if the accusations were true before Y/N helped you all?"