#4 Dard ki Aahat

Samrat walks the hallways of the airbase after a short break with his friends in a cafeteria - the Hawks. They are no longer a team but they mean the world to him, only people he can love and trust. He also owes them a lot - they gave him a chance at survival.

Surviving is a tough task for someone who loathes himself . The heaviness in his head lightened in the presence of his friends. Now it returns tenfold, his limbs heavy, breath short. He hasn't slept in more than a week, but come on, he can do more! His body can handle more.

 He hasn't slept in more than a week, but come on, he can do more! His body can handle more

A few more steps, it becomes too difficult to put his foot forward. He holds the front of his uniform with a sigh, a hand resting against the wall. After taking a few deep breaths, he tries to move again. As he staggers further once more, a figure comes into his view, blurred by his vision. Now he can't even see? His condition is deteriorating fast!

"Samrat!" The approaching figure calls his name. He recognised her before she did that. Tanvi...

No, no, not her. He doesn't want her to see him in this pathetic state. She was inside until a moment ago, and her break time is longer than his; why did she step out?

"Samrat! Sun rahe ho?"

As she calls his name again, he tries to face her with a smile

As she calls his name again, he tries to face her with a smile. He's happy to see her chase after him though. Part of him is relieved. Her crush is someone else. She's in love with someone else. Not him...

The hollow numbness he feels is relief, isn't it? But of course he was a bit offended when he heard someone else's name on her lips. Agitated, even. His reaction was puzzling, but he couldn't entertain that thought. He even made fun of the guy she liked without even realising. How pathetic-

"Samrat, kya hua! I felt your smile was odd earlier. Are you okay?"

His stupid body staggers as her face comes into his view, the image blurred again. She catches his arm, her concern rising.

"I knew it! Tumhari tabiyat theek nahi hai! What happened?"

Just as she inquires a wave of dizziness hits him. He clutches his head at the sudden pain. She has to tighten her grip on her arm, he presses a kerchief to his mouth dreading the worst - he's also nauseous all of a sudden.