#15 Ek tarfa Izhaar

"Congratulations on your safe return, Flight Lieutenant Samrat Singh Shekhawat!"

"Ma'am!" Samrat matches Harjot's firm voice and salutes her. Barely seven in the morning; a meeting is underway in conference hall 7B for half an hour already. Every officer is seated around the large conference table at the head of which is Harjot. The squadron leader is doing a fantastic job of leading the meeting; the flying squad and the engineering wing — everyone's rapt attention is on her. She decides the test flights won't take off for a couple of days because of unfavourable weather. This decision is keeping in mind the well-being and safety of the pilots.

From the confines of her chair, Tanvi subtly rolls her eyes, muttering softly under her breath, yeh decision aapko pehle hi lena chahiye tha.

Harjot clears her throat and picks a file from the table

Harjot clears her throat and picks a file from the table. "We have still accomplished the maiden test flight of the Shakti aircraft. Wasting no time on the ground, let's analyse the results of this. ATC se connection tootne ki wajah se yeh test flight utna upyogkari nahi raha. But let's look at the parameters recorded in the aircraft. I want engineers to process the parameters and double check the aircraft before our next trials. Samrat will assist me today with my meetings. His other squad members return to their regular flight training. That's all in this meeting."

At this closure point, everyone congratulates Samrat again for valiantly handling his flight in the unfavourable weather. Their applause is loud, encouraging. With a soft smile, Samrat bows his head and conveys his thanks.

Everybody is acting like they care, but they did nothing when his flight lost communication

Everybody is acting like they care, but they did nothing when his flight lost communication. Tanvi's thoughts wander even as she claps for Samrat. Unlike the others here barring Harjot, her show of appreciation is real. Sam is truly capable to have made it back! And Harjot... it's a relief she did not take any disciplinary action against me for spending the entire day waiting for him in the hangar. Even so, why does she need Samrat to assist with her meetings? She could go easy on him after he returned from such a horrific experience. Also, why can't Samrat talk back a little instead of dancing to her tunes?

Withholding her frustrations, Tanvi smiles outwardly at Harjot. Her thoughts persist, causing her to frown and suppress a sigh.

Should Samrat be working right now? This morning at 5, Dr Anuja revealed he had collapsed owing to an acute heat stroke and advised more rest. Yet here he is.