#21 Sabse Worst Kism ka Ladka?? (I)

That Sunday morning, Samrat reluctantly visits Tanvi's place with the other mutuals tagged along. It's all a part of the little meetings the gang has sometimes before going out together. Tanvi is currently busy talking to Sameera and Isha. Honestly, these days, Tanvi is too good at pretending he doesn't exist. How does she do it? Maybe her feelings changed? That's a stupid thought he has.

It is nipped the moment he grabs her sketchbook on an impulse, the one she didn't let him touch, and flips through it

It is nipped the moment he grabs her sketchbook on an impulse, the one she didn't let him touch, and flips through it. She hid this sketchbook from him that day while he surprised her with the limited merchandise of her choice. The portraits in there are now for his eyes to see. She doesn't even notice he's looking at them.

On the crisp white cold-pressed papers, there are portraits of the two of them together. A few more of them with other Hawks members, some separate portraits done in watercolour, some portraits of her brother and Shamsher.

Looking at the way she painted him, Samrat can feel the deep affection she has for him. Truly, all the girls in and around the airbase that liked him before, liked him for his looks or God knows what. Their feelings weren't as deep as Tanvi's. Fortunately, he never returned their affections in any manner; hasn't gone beyond dancing or flirting. (Those too were for business reasons, weren't they?)

And when he's shown this pure, genuine affection by this generous, soft-hearted girl, (there's affection even in Tanvi's anger, right?), he doesn't know how to handle it

And when he's shown this pure, genuine affection by this generous, soft-hearted girl, (there's affection even in Tanvi's anger, right?), he doesn't know how to handle it. All his life, he was unloved. Even his abbu loved him for selfish gains. Then there was this girl Shaheen in the mulk who claimed she loved him. His naïve heart almost warmed up to her. With a bit of platonic and mixed feelings, he imagined they could be more. As days passed, he only wanted one thing from her — to not die, to live for his sake. He hated to see everyone close to him dying. An exception in the mulk.

The day of her death, he pleaded with her like he had pleaded with abbajaan weeks ago, but she defied his wishes and went on a suicide bombing mission. Her heart and life were mulk's, not his. Then how could she claim she loved him? Abbujaan never loved him either; it was all for the cause. There was no love ever. No relation. And then suddenly this naive girl Tanvi loves him unconditionally! Not knowing the monstrosities he committed. She's so pure that just even the thought of attaining her love should curse him to an eternal afterlife in jahannum.