#27 Not what the heart wants, haan?

The tug of war between Tanvi and Samrat goes on into the following week. Work is hectic as usual. Tanvi focuses all her energy into work. It is still annoying that she cannot disobey Samrat's direct orders, however atrocious they are. And that she and Vivek are the only ones working on the aircraft while the engineering girls gossip in the background.

Tanvi Sharma vowed to give the takkar, but how? She may lack the knack and position to proceed. But there should be a way. And the engineering girls! Getting paid for chilling and gossiping. How are they even soldiers? Tanvi grits her teeth as she runs one last check on the current aircraft she's working on. "They must be ousted from the force," she mutters, hearing the more gossip from the girls, and hollers to Vivek who's at the tail end, "all is fine at my end, Vivek!"

"Fine here too, Tanvi!"

She smiles hearing the reply

She smiles hearing the reply. In all of the mess, Vivek is the only good thing that happened. They are good friends now, sharing a good rapport, on and off of work - laughing over a good meal, sharing lots of coffees during their scheduled shifts, riding to the administrative and residential quarters in the same jeep.

Work is always fun, as much as challenging. Weekends are usually bland, sometimes, there's no day off. But the administration is being considerate at the moment and they have been getting a Sunday day-off on a regular basis. And these days, there is something to look forward to on her day off. Tanvi is thrilled that this weekend it is her brother and doggy gracing her home with the presence.

Yet again Bhai and Shamsher are here to visit her

Yet again Bhai and Shamsher are here to visit her. She is not sure how they managed to gain permission, especially Shamsher. The need to suspect or know the answer to her doubts vanishes, as she gives her full attention to listening to her brother's fun anecdotes of his recent travels, and then playing with Shamsher. Her days are a mix of pleasant and frustrating, aren't they? The skies are a beautiful shade of orange and pinks indicating the day is ending. The scorching hot weather is unpleasant, unlike the beautiful scenario the sky paints. Tanvi makes sure that there is lots of water involved to cool off herself and Shamsher as they play.

...

Strolling around the premises around the same time, Samrat watches Tanvi play around with Shamsher on the veranda of a residential quarters. Again. he was the one who arranged that Shamsher got permission to enter the base. Now, not that he wants credit for it. But he longs to be with them if he is being honest.