#6 Kismat ka Maara

Sunday morning. Farhan helplessly witnesses the stillness that hangs in the apartment's air, unable to act. A while has passed since Samrat is up yet they haven't exchanged a word. The clock chimes eight. Just then he hears the sound of footsteps approaching. Right away knowing it's Tanvi he approaches her before she can enter the room.

"Hi Farhan!" Tanvi smiles brightly . "We're all set for our weekend fun! Let's go! Sam kahan hai?"

Farhan shakes his head with a sigh. "He met Abhi kal... uske health review keliye."

Tanvi gives an understanding nod

Tanvi gives an understanding nod. "Oh no. Abhi se milkar woh humesha guilty feel karta hai."

"Yeah, I know... he's in a mood! Isliye maine usey disturb na ki. Main ussey kahun toh kya kahun?"

Farhan scratches his head. Tanvi walks past him into the room. "Main baat karti hu ussey!"

She finds Samrat staring at a wall lost in thoughts.

"Sam! Tu Akela baitha hai? Aaj Sunday hai aur hum isko game day bana rahe hain. Abhi, Sameera, Isha bhi aane wale. Tum bhi chalo na! Abhi tak pyjama mei ho... Chup kyun ho? Arey, Samrat..."

Samrat hears Tanvi's voice but his mind is elsewhere and can't respond

Samrat hears Tanvi's voice but his mind is elsewhere and can't respond. His childhood flashes before his eyes, his youth in the scenic Kashmir hills and his secret armed training in the hilly terrains of PoK. The ambitions of him and his Abbu were only nefarious. That was his childhood. Though he moved to Kashmir with a few of abbu's trusted men and kept their activities under wraps. He went to a local school, pretended he was a happy-go-lucky boy. Mamu Jaan who took care of him said he had to fulfill abbu's dreams, that was how he would earn his father's love. Boy, he was desperate!

He met with Abbu occasionally. His loneliness wasn't a hindrance as Mamu and his men kept him busy - put him through gruelling things - weapon training from a young age, martial arts training, and just getting used to the rough life in the mountains.

Abbu was responsible for some local riots in Kashmir but was never caught; as his son grew his ambitions also grew. His ties to the PoK meant he was planning for a much grander scale of operation. But in an unfortunate turn of events, he was caught.