5 | pt. 3 : number five

The three Hargreeves slowly ascended up the stairs, Diego far ahead. The building was silent and dark, the only source of light coming from outside.

Y/n halted when he stopped at the top of the stairs, Diego surveilling the area, unaware that the other two were trailing quietly behind him.

"So, what's the big plan, oh-great-leader?" She asked.

"I told you to wait in the car."

"Klaus or I?"

"Both of you!"

"Too bad!"

Klaus butted in, more intoxicated by the minute as he gulped down more alcohol. "Yeah, but you also told me licking a nine-volt battery would give me pubes."

Y/n made a face, placing her a hand to her mouth as she giggled while Diego gazed down at him. "We were eight."

"Noo, she's Eight," Klaus laughed, pointing his index finger at the girl.

"Okay, that's enough," Diego addressed him, irritated. The drunk man shrugged and began walking past him. "Uh-uh, uh-uh," he denied, grabbing onto Klaus' wrist, forcing him back.

Y/n moved back as they brushed past her. The man with knives was descending back down, pulling Klaus alongside him.

"I need you to listen to me, okay?" He stated authoritatively. He looked up at the girl, pointing a finger at her, then to the ground beside where he stood.

"Jeez, I'm not a dog. You could've just asked."

"Yeah, like I didn't before. Good dogs behave, you need more training." He retaliated back sarcastically.

She grumbled, treading down as she rolled her eyes for probably the millionth time that day.

"Now, go back to the car. If I don't come out in two minutes, that means I'm probably dead," Diego informed from behind them as Y/n had skipped further on, strolling beside Klaus.

Soon, they paused at the bottom on the staircase as Diego grabbed Y/n's shoulders, turning her to face him. "That happens, go get help and keep Klaus close," he continued on, speaking assertively.

She sighed heavily. "You're such an idiot. You're sacrificing your life, and for what? I don't understand, why can't I help?"

Diego nodded towards the intoxicated man's direction.

"I love him but I am not a baby-sitter!"

"Heyy, I'm right here," Klaus grumbled. "That's mean."

She glanced at him, shooting him a pitiful look before turning back to the man holding her arms. She pat his forearms before shaking him off. "Whatever, bro," Y/n said dismissively. "Come on, let's do something better, Klaus. I'm hungry, are you?"

"Hell yeahhh! I could go for some Italian. Lasagna, sis?"

"Don't do anything dumb," Diego interrupted, eyeing the two warily before leaving to pursue up the stairs again.

As soon as he was out of sight, Klaus pouted from beside the girl. "We're not actually going to get food, are we?"

"Diego's got the biggest ego ever, of course we're not going," she mumbled, grabbing the man's bottle of alcohol. "Let's just.. Wait for him. We can eat soon."

Y/n took a swig before handing it back to him, bored already. "Never mind, come on, let's go."

She skipped up the stairs, Klaus tailing closely behind her.

The sound of a loud car driving by and deafening gunfire was so sudden, it surprised her. Klaus had beat her up to the top of the stairs and he soon came down as quick as he had left her with Diego by his side, clutching his arm.