1 | pt. 1 : we only see each other at weddings and funerals

key:
☂ ☂ ☂ : time skips
☂ ☂ : flashbacks

"Hey, wait up!"

Y/n briskly spun around, pursing her lips. "Luther," the girl nodded, facing the large man, "It's definitely been a long amount of time."

"Yeah, it has," he awkwardly rubbed one of his arms, "It's.. Nice to see you again."

Luther had sounded.. Sincere?

"Same goes for you," Y/n said, giving him a small but visible smile, "How was it? And what are you doing up in the attic?"

"Oh, I'm just.. Looking through the house, I guess," the man asked her, "And how was what?"

"I see," she concluded, tilting her head, "And the moon. How was the moon?"

"Could've been more exciting, though the view was cool." Luther responded, arching an eyebrow in confusion, questioning why the information was necessary.

"Well, that's lovely.. But are you going to explain to them? You know, the body?" Y/n asked with slight amusement.

The man in the green coat squinted at the girl in the academy's uniform, letting out an audible sigh. "Soon." Luther simply replied.

"Reasonable enough," the girl said, placing a hand on her hip, "Also, is Klaus here, by any chance? If so, I should probably find him before he does something he possibly regrets."

"Uh, yeah, probably," the man responded, "I think I saw him earlier."

"Well!" Y/n enthusiastically clasped her hands together, glad to end the conversation, "I'll be looking for Klaus. Perhaps I'll find Diego on the way."

"All right," he agreed, furrowing his eyebrows at her sudden change in demeanor.

Luther then watched the girl happily skip past him, advancing towards the stairs. The man then glanced down at a rouge sandwich set in front of Five's room.

"That's.. Strange," he muttered, giving the sandwich a quizzical glimpse before approaching the room of the boy who had vanished thirteen years ago.

Mindful of the food, he carefully avoided it. As Luther grasped the handle, he quietly pushed the door open, which made a harsh creaking sound.

The man in the green coat searched the room with his eyes. It was clear it had recently been cleaned, though the boy's bedside tables had not. Five's possessions that settled there were, indeed, covered in dust. He highly suspected that Y/n was the one behind this doing.

'After all these years?' He thought.

The man then shook his head, proceeding to walk out of the room to his father's very own.

☂ ☂ ☂

"Klaus!" Y/n yelled out, searching for the, most likely, drugged man, "Where are you?!"

"Boo!"

She screeched in surprise and twirled around to punch the voice with her fist.

"Ow!'

"Oh, my God!" Y/n exclaimed, looking down at Klaus who was sprawled on the ground. He was dressed in a furry coat, a blue scarf and black eyeliner.

"Ah, that felt good," he groaned, rubbing his face vigorously, "Yeah, yeah. Really needed that. Great wake-up call."

The girl quickly apologised and held out a hand for the man, who gratefully clasped it, but failed to stand on his legs.

"Stupid arms," she said, letting Klaus regain his posture on his own as he shook himself off.

"Wow! Would you look at you?" he laughed, positioning a hand on her shoulder, "Tiny Y/n! Cute!"