1 | pt. 3 : we only see each other at weddings and funerals

The family sat at the dining table located in the kitchen and Five had began preparing one of his iconic sandwiches.

Y/n was sitting in front of Vanya, crossing her right leg over her left, and her hands folded on her lap. The violinist behind her had an arm propped up on the table.

Allison and Diego merely stood, seeing as there wasn't enough room to fit everyone. Luther sat across from Vanya, imitating her actions, and Klaus was seated on the table itself, cross-legged.

Shoving a wooden cutting board onto the table, Five was the first to speak. "What's the date?" he declared, advancing over to the shelf that held bread, "The exact date."

"The twenty-fourth." Vanya responded.

"Of what?" the boy in the over-sized suit questioned, his voice growing with irritation.

"Of March." she answered, yet again.

"Good." Five hesitantly stated, subtly nodding.

A small, awkward silence fell over the group as Five unwrapped the plastic from the bread loaf.

"So.. Are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther inquired, and everyone glanced over at him.

The boy kept quiet and only responded by placing down two slices of the bread.

"It's been thirteen years." Luther said, abruptly, as he hauled himself off of the plastic chair.

Y/n pursed her lips and gazed down at her hands.

"It's been a lot longer than that." Five corrected, just as agitated as Luther. He then spatial jumped, in a flash of blue, over to the oven and sink, reaching for marshmallows.

"I haven't missed that." Luther grumbled, referring to Five's abilities.

"I definitely have." Y/n incoherently muttered, to which Vanya raised an eyebrow at.

"Where'd you go?" Diego said, contributing himself to the conversation.

"The future," Five answered, teleporting back to the table, "It's shit, by the way."

"Called it!" Klaus added, raising his left index finger, making Y/n sigh.

"Should've listened to the old man," he continued, ignoring Klaus' input, while opening the fridge, "You know.. Jumping through space is one thing, but jumping through time is the toss of the dice."

Five returned back to his ingredients, positioning the peanut butter he had retrieved from the fridge down onto the cutting board. "Nice dress." the boy spoke, complimenting the man in front of him as he opened the jar of peanut butter.

"Oh- Oh!.. Danke!-" Klaus thanked him, twirling around the tassels.

"-W-Wait.. How did you get back?" Vanya queried, interrupting Klaus.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that existed in every possible instance of time." Five replied in a breath.

Everyone had genuine confusion plastered across their faces. Well, except for Y/n, obviously. She'd spent too many years around Reginald. "Huh, incredible." Y/n mumbled in awe.

Diego looked at her with an unreadable expression and Five continued piecing together his sandwich with a small smile. "That doesn't make any sense." Diego admitted, tearing away his gaze from the girl in academy uniform.

"Well, it would if you were smarter." Five commented, keeping his eyesight on the cutting board, his smile vanishing.

Diego instantly rose from his seat, and Luther rapidly lifted his arm to suppress the angry man from lashing out.