4 | pt. 1 : man on the moon

After Y/n and Five stalked Lance the entirety of yesterday, following him home during the night, the two were now set out to demand some answers on his suspicious behaviour.

His car, which was parked to the side of the road, was still there, which indicated that he hadn't left for work.

Metres behind it, the academy students leaned up against a red postbox.

People had kept glancing at them weirdly, wondering why they wouldn't be at school, or whether they had run away.

"I bet I could beat you at the intimidation game." the girl crossed her arms, challenging Five.

"As if." he scoffed in amusement. Though, he saw her blank expression, "Oh, you're serious."

Y/n gasped loudly and flicked the boy's cheek before laughing.

"I'd win any day." she giggled as Five rubbed his cheek, playfully glaring at her.

"You're on." the boy gave a determined smirk.

Lance finally came into view, crossing the road to his vehicle.

"I didn't know he had a pet," Y/n raised her eyebrows as she watched Lance open the door to the back seats, letting his dog jump through, "Cute."

"Let's go." Five said, positioning a hand on the girl's shoulder.

The targeted man moved to the driver's side, getting into his own seat as a strange noise sounded from the right of him.

Lance turned to face it, and was met by the boy who had repeatedly forced information of out him on multiple occasions.

"Jesus!" he called in surprise as Five fiercely whipped out a knife, pressing it to the man's throat.

"One chance. That's all you've got," the boy instructed, raising his voice, "One chance to tell me exactly what's going on in that lab."

"I.. I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients," Lance stammered in a haste, "I bill the insurance companies a-and then sell them for cash on the black market."

"Including eyeballs?" a feminine voice questioned from behind them.

Five and Lance turned their heads to it. Though, the man struggled, afraid of the blade that could potentially injure him.

It was the same girl that the boy always seemed to be around. The man cowered back in fright.

Y/n wanted to laugh at his state, but opposed against it, and instead waved a hand and smiled innocently at him.

"Y-Yeah, they're my biggest seller.." answered Lance, in terror, "I-I mean... They sell like h-hotcakes! I-I've got a list, a waiting list, probably twenty buyers."

"So, the serial number I told you.." Five said calmly. Though, a sneer was apparent on his face.

"Uh.. Could've already already been bought," the man replied fearfully, "Yes, of-off the books."

"I needed that list, Lance. Names and numbers, and I need it now!" the boy demanded, lowering his voice.

"I don't have it," he argued, "I mean, not on me. The only copy's in my safe at the lab."

"Well, you start the car, then. 'Cause we're going on a field trip." the boy ordered as he retracted his arm away from Lance's neck as his dog began to bark.

When the man didn't move, both teenagers looked at each other in confusion and awkwardness.

Y/n glared at the dog in agitation, but her features suddenly lit up when she got an idea.