Bowled Over

Abhimanyu was putting last touches to his hair when he heard the door bell chime. He checked his watch. 10 Am exact. Punctuality was a value Abhimanyu practiced and expected from others too. And he was happy that Akshara followed it.

After returning from the cafe few hours ago, Abhimanyu successfully shoved away the thoughts he had about Akshara. He remembered that he had to message about how Abhir and Ruhi were planning to interview her. He opened his contact list to find her number and messaged here.

Ab: Hi Akshara. Abhimanyu here. Here is my address and sending you the location so that you do not have any issue finding the place.

She replied within 5 minutes.

AG: Good morning Dr. Birla. Thanks for that although I had taken your address from Mr. Rohan yesterday .

AB: That's good. I wanted to give you a heads up. The kids are all set to take your interview. I tried to discourage them but they have made up their minds. Please don't get offended.

She had replied immediately.

AG: There is no reason for being offended. Rather I am really intrigued to meet them. This will be an interesting interview.

He was relieved.

AB: thank you Akshara for being understanding.

He kept the comb in the shelf and stepped out of his room. There was Akshara standing at the door in a baby pink kurta and salwar and a dupatta around her neck. Her long hair was braided behind her with simple pearl studs on her earlobes. Abhimanyu was stunned by her simplicity just like during the first meeting. Kavita didi, their cook, ushered her in.

"Hello Akshara. Please come in."

She looked towards him and smiled, "Hello Dr. Birla. Thank you."

Abhimanyu turned to Kavita Didi, "didi, can you please get a glass of water for Akshara? Also, where is Ma?"

"Bhaiyya, Amma is in the kitchen. We were just discussing about lunch."

"Ok, please ask her to come out"

Kavita didi nodded her head and went into the kitchen.

"Have a seat Akshara. Hope you found the place without any trouble."

Akshara took a seat on a single sofa and said, "yes, it's quite straightforward. also, I have seen the society several times while passing from here."

Just then Avni entered the hall and both Abhimanyu and Akshara got up.

"Ma, this is Akshara and Akshara, this is my mother.

"Akshara joined her hands and said, "hello, m'am."

"Hello Akshara. Please don't be so formal. Call me Aunty. So glad to meet you. I have heard so much about you from Shanta," said Avni. She signed her to take her seat.

"All good things, I hope Aunty," smiled Akshara.

"Oh yes, she couldn't stop talking about her stellar student."

"Shetty m'am always had a sweet spot for me."

Avni smiled and turned to Abhi, "where are Abhir and Ruhi?"

" Neil is getting them ready. So it will not be before they finish some dance routines and silly banters will they come out. I will go and check on them."

He was about to get up when the door of the kids' bedroom opened. Roohi and Abhir walked out of their room a bit apprehensive, followed by Neil. Abhimanyu realized that they were nervous. So all the bravado about taking interview was to hide this nervousness. They ran to Abhimanyu and sat on his lap. Neil came forward hands outstretched towards Akshara. "Hi I am Neil. You must be Akshara."