Surprise Meetings, Conversations, and Outbursts

Akshara was the happiest after a very long time. She was working at the Birlas for the last three months, and it was getting better and better with each passing day. That does not mean it was easy. Abhir and Roohi tested her patience almost everyday, but she loved the challenges that came with her work. But her bond with Abhir and Roohi had deepened. They trusted her and to her own surprise, they shared their deepest thoughts with her freely. Even Akshara did not realize how she became a little more than a teacher and a caretaker to the little kids.

When she came to know that society had opened a library in the premises, she took them there. Although the kids had a good collection of books at home, they were not very keen on reading, which was Akshara's favorite thing in the world. Akshara knew better than forcing them at anything. But she took them to the library once a week, where they explored different books and read one or two together while sitting in the reading corner. Soon, the kids started enjoying the activity and the trio found themselves in the library at least twice a week.

Once when Abhir was tensed about an upcoming football match at school, especially because his team had lost the last one, she introduced both of them to writing affirmations. While they were reluctant at first, they did try it. But soon it became a part of their nighttime routine, mostly because Abhir's team won the match.

But what surprised her most was her unlikely friendship with Avni. When Akshara started, she wanted to keep it professional. She hardly had time to interact with Avni as she spent all her time with the kids, except a few minutes of conversation when she arrived and before she left. But one evening when Abhir and Roohi were at a friend's birthday party, Akshara found herself alone with Avni at home. Over a cup of tea, Avni told her about her teaching experience and Akshara listened with interest. They shared their thoughts with each other, and Avni was really intrigued to know more about the latest teaching methods and technologies.

But what really made them bond was their similar past. Once Avni asked Akshara whether her parents are thinking of getting her married. When Akshara told her that she was divorced, Avni did not ask her the reason, much to Akshara's surprise and delight. Avni had recognized a familiar pain in the young girl's eyes. Instead she told Akshara about her abusive marriage of 10 years, which ended with her husband's death. It took several more conversations for Akshara to share about her past, and it was the first time that Akshara felt that someone understood her completely.

It was true that her therapist helped her to come out of her trauma. Her family and friends were also supportive. But she always felt that they could not forgive her for keeping it away from them. But Avni understood her. What she went through, why she did what she did, everything. Avni was a school teacher even when her husband was alive but still couldn't walk out of the marriage.

All in all, her work life gave her joy and she cherished the bond with the kids and her friendship with Avni.

Things were looking good at the home front too. Manish had made good improvements and could walk a few steps with the help of a walker, which brought immense joy to the entire family. Anisha was in her 6th month, almost at the end of her second trimester. The entire family tried their best to keep her happy, Kairav by trying to fulfill all her demands and cravings and Swarna and Akshara by cooking her favorite dishes and pampering her with head massages and outings. They also ensured that she never felt alone, except when she was working, although one of them would always check on her from time to time. Most of the time when she was resting, Anisha would find either Kairav or Akshara near her, waiting for the baby to move, taking or singing to her belly. It was all cute and adorable, until she has to shoo away her husband and best friend exasperatedly for being too sappy sometimes.

So Anisha was not surprised when an emotional Akshara was hugging her and sobbing outside her oby-gyn's clinic. It was time for Anisha's scan and regular check up. Kairav who never missed an appointment had to urgently go for an association meeting and they could not postpone their doctor's visit, as the latter was going on a holiday for a week. So Akshara happily agreed to accompany Anisha on the said morning, only to be overwhelmed at seeing the baby and hearing the heartbeats.