Chaar ~ Four

~ Fourth ~

After finishing the first lecture, I am already feeling tired. And my cousin Mark, too, studies here with me. He has no idea what we are doing because his mom and my mom, despite being sisters, are at loggerheads. If he gets even a hint of this fiasco, they will reveal our secret in front of the whole community.

Life nowadays is such a roller coaster.

Mom and Dad are stuck with the mess that they themselves created. I mean, today they are out shopping for the engagement.

No wonder Non is out drinking even during the day.

I don't think I can attend the next lecture before I make sure Non is fine. The last thing I want Non to do is jump off a bus.

As I got out of the building, while not focusing in front and more on my phone screen, I bumped into some.

"Sorr... YOU?" I stepped back a foot in shock.

"Umm... Hey!" The annoying idiot brother of my handsome brother-in-law said he was adjusting his jacket.

"What are you doing here?"

"I go to the university across the road."

"Across the road? You go to the PSA university, which is like a kilometer away." I said that and frowned in confusion.

"Yeah, like across the road." He said this and immediately looked away, scratching his head. What's up with him being weird?

He is someone whom I have met many times before. In the same community, people bump into each other more in a foreign country, so that's obvious. But also, my friend Senthil is also in PSA, and he is in this idiot's class. They are also good friends. But never in so many years have we talked to each other more than with a "hey" or a nod here and there. So, I can say that in my life, I have never seen this guy for more than a total of 20 minutes.

"Anyway, now that we have bumped into each other, let's chill at that sandwich bar."

"No thanks." I said that and started to walk.

"HEY!" He held my shoulder and stopped me.

I turned to look at him with a tired face. "What now?"

"I need the number."

One second.

Let's rewind a bit.

We did meet once more. At my house.

When he saw something strange on my phone.

What the hell? Does he have any weird fetishes?

I gaped at him. "Wh-why... Why do you need my number?"

This time, his expressions turned confused. "What? Who says I need your number? I need your sister's number."

"I don't have one." I replied immediately, without thinking. FUCK!

"What?" He looked at me, shocked.

Shit! Shit! Shit! What do I say?

"You don't have your sister's number? You want me to believe this shit?"

Wow! Thank God he is dumb!

"Uh... So, you know, I am not giving it to you knowingly." I said that and turned to leave again. Talking to him is dangerous. I need to wrap my head around this.

He walked in front of me, making me pause. "Listen, Bhai needs it. They are arranged to be married anyway. C'mon." He tried to convince me.

"What's in it for you?" I asked, folding my arms.