Chhe ~ Six

~ Fourth ~

"You think he is lying?" I asked, frowning, after listening to everything that happened.

[I know he is lying.] Non said. [He is as straight as a pole. And there is no guy he works with apart from me.]

I smiled. "What if he..."

[Shut up! Don't even think about it. The level of harassment I have faced daily does not conclude to wild imagination.]

I rolled my eyes. "Ok fine. But so, what? Isn't it better?" I asked.

[I don't know. I am having mixed feelings about this.] He said it, sounding anxious.

"I think he is lying for sure. But it can also mean that this is his way to get your attention."

[I signed a fucking contract.]

"Which doesn't have an expiration date." I said.

We both went silent for a while before he spoke again. [I have reached the office. You leave this for now.]

Before I could say anything, he disconnected.

I shook my head and tucked the phone in my pocket. As I turned, I saw Mark frowning at me with his hands folded.

Fuck! I completely forgot I needed to handle this.

"Hey." I started walking away after greeting him, trying to behave nonchalantly.

But, as expected, he did not let me leave. A hand pulled my arm. "You were kissing a boy yesterday."

"Are you on something?" I still tried to play cool. "It's morning, though. You should not consume such things when you come to the university."

He smirked. "Now I am sure that I wasn't mistaken." He said this and raised his brows.

"I have no damn idea of what you are talking about."

He walked close to me and bore his eyes into mine. "Who was it?"

"You are mad." I pushed him and started walking to the class. He followed me. "I saw his face, though."

Shit! Shit! Shit! "I don't know what you are talking about."

He ran in front of me and started walking ahead of me in reverse while facing me. "I will get to the root of this. You know it."

"What's your problem?" I asked, sighing.

"Nothing. I am just a... nosy fellow who needs to know everything for my own sanity."

He gave me a creepy smile and snapped my head with the book in his hand. "See you later, my dear cousin." He ran away, giving me literal chills.

Fucking Gemini. What was the need for him to come here? Idiot!

My phone rang, and it was Senthil.

"Ssup?"

[Party at my place tomorrow at 7.]

"What for?"

[I told you I was planning something since my game.]

"Alright."

I sighed and disconnected. I am glad for a distraction, though. I hope this party will help me take my mind off all the shit around me.

~ Nanon ~

"NANON?" As I entered the office, two voices together called my name.