Aanth ~ Eight

~ Gemini ~

"*Aaj mere yaar ki shaadi hai... Aaj mere yaar ki shaadi hai..." (*It's my friend's wedding today.; A famous old Bollywood song) Aryan stupidly hummed as he helped mom decorate the hall.

I walked to them with a basket of flower strings. "It's not *shaadi (*wedding) yet. Can we save some decorations for actual wedding?"

Mom's eyes shot daggers at me while Aryan chuckled. "Dude, wedding will be even grander than this. After all, it's our Ohm's wedding. Right Aunty?"

"Of course. And who says I'll get my Ohm and Nimi wedded in this small house? We will have a destination wedding." Mom exclaimed.

Nia, who was purposely destroying all the flowers on the other side of the room, got up and walked to the kitchen stomping her feet loudly.

Mom looked at her and then guiltily turned to Aryan. "I hope you are not angry about this?"

Aryan seems to have speculated something in his mind before he breathed loudly. "Aunty, we all know how Nia has liked Ohm for a long time. But we also know how Ohm never felt this way for her. It will be a bit troublesome for her for a while. But I am sure it's better for her to get over Ohm."

Mom smiled at him and patted his shoulder. "You really are a sweetheart."

I rolled my eyes. I am her son. One of her sons to be precise. But I am standing with a heavy basket of flowers waiting for Mr. Sweetheart to take it from me.

A bike stopped on the door and We all turned to see. To my surprise, it was Fourth walking into the house with a box on his hand.

I kept the basket down on the floor and ran to him. "Hey!"

"Hi." He said without looking and then smiled at Mom. "Hello Aunty."

"Hello dear. Please come in." Mom walked to him.

Why is he so dry with me? Or is he shy?

Something nudged on my shoulder and I turned to see Aryan. "Who is he?"

"Bhabhi's brother."

"Oh." Was all he said but then frowned in confusion. "For once I thought he was your boyfriend."

"WHAT?" I gaped at him.

Aryan scoffed. "The way you rushed to meet him was so obvious. He is the one you were talking about, right?"

"I... Yes... But no... That's not."

"Chill. No biggie. Happens. He is cute. Reminds me of someone cuter I know." Aryan mumbled.

"THAT'S NOT IT." I yelled making Fourth and Mom turn to look at us.

Aryan raised his brows and chuckled as he left me alone to climb the ladder again to hang flowers.

I gulped as Fourth frowned at me. I hope Aryan's voice did not reach him. And I hope it did not reach my mom.

I turned and ran to the kitchen. So stupid of me. What is happening? He has a crush on me. Why am I behaving like this?

"I will kill her!" I heard a voice from the corner. But there is no one.

G-g-ghost?!?

I picked up the ladle from the platform and walked to the corner where I could hear continuous mumbling sound. The ghost is female and wants to kill someone.

Did dad ever have an affair? Is she after mom?

Shit! I look like mom. What if she attacks me?

A hand came on the counter and I yelled.