Author's Note: hey i'm still alive

*ascends from hell* wassup everybody ✌

It has been 3 years since I last updated, and I know it's been so long, and I'm half sorry and not sorry. Lemme explain.

You may not remember it, but I previously posted my first author's note, apologizing for the wait and creating a poll for a selection of fanfics I have sitting around my drafts collecting dust to post, but I never went around to post the poll winner either. (This is more relevant on Quotev.)

I'm not gonna share too much, all I could pretty much say is that life has been hectic and college is not a fucking joke. The reason I said I'm half not sorry is because I'm putting my priorities first in my studies and the well-being of my and my family's health.

"bUt DOn'T u hAVe sUMmEr bReaKs oR cHrisTMaS BrEaKS??? yOu HAve So mUcH fReE tiME-" TMNT isn't the only thing keeping me happy. I have moved on to other fandoms, but that doesn't mean I have abandoned it. I would even admit that writing is challenging and I have commitment issues regarding constantly posting content.

To quote what I said in my previous author's note: "No, I'm not planning on discontinuing this, in fact, I still had more ideas to fill in for the later chapters. Yes, it is on some kind of hiatus. No, don't rush me. Like anything else, writing is art, a passion that should never be rushed and hindered. Yes, even for fanfictions."

This has not changed. I already have multiple chapters waiting to be written, it really just takes a long time because I want to deliver a story with quality and depth.

I also plan to rewrite some stuff in the posted chapters. Just minor things, like removing the self-insert indicators (hair color) (eye color) etc. I honestly cringe just looking at them now. I don't want to look like a try-hard who overemphasizes 'this is a self-insert story I have to insert all your physical qualities!!!1!' I have seen self-insert stories without them indicators and they were great, better even. So yeah, I'm removing the unnecessary indicators in the earlier chapters.

I'm also adjusting the timeline. When I first wrote this, I relied on my memory, so that was a mistake. I haven't watched the series in so long, and when I got to revisit season 2, I was gobsmacked at how wrong I got the timeline because at April's locker scene plus her first meeting with Casey Jones, it had already been weeks since her dad got mutated and she distanced herself from the turtbros. So yeah, I'm fixing that bug.

Then lastly, correcting grammar that I have overlooked a thousand times. Being a beta reader for your own stories has its flaws.

If you're an og reader, or even if you're just new here, thank you for reading my fanfic and for leaving votes and comments. I see them and I appreciate them all. I don't know how long this story will be finished, just know that it will be finished in time.

(Written on February 9, 2024 2:15 AM)