3: ...Jones

"So how did you know each other?"

On an early evening in the fairly deserted park, April pestered (Y/n) her and Casey's past. She kept shrugging it off, saying it was no big deal to know about.

"Oh come on... Think of it as my heads up so I could prepare to teach that probably unteachable guy."

(Y/n) raised a brow. "Where's the connection in that?" April just smirked. "You saw that he's a bit egoistic, right? I could be at least ready for his stunts."

The (hair/color)head chuckled and shook her head, enjoying the tomfoolery. "You know that's the lamest excuse, right?"

April groaned. Her ever so curious mind is starting to eat her brain. Before she could come up with another, probably unconvincing, reason, she was cut off by (Y/n)'s exclamation.

"April! I have to tell you something."

The mentioned redhead laughed while hissing a silent 'finally!' before she paused, seeing her friend's gloomy face. It's not about Casey she's talking about.

"Three days ago," (Y/n) started. "Green stuff fell down from the sky."

The atmosphere got eerily quiet. No one was heard breathing. Receiving a lack of response from April, she turned to look at her. Her baby blue eyes were distant. Her eyebrows were tightly knitted together. She suddenly stopped swinging on the playground swing. Her lip started to tear from her hard bite.

But then she bombarded (Y/n) with questions right after she was snapped back from a daze.

"What happened? Were you hurt? Is that why you kept scratching your head in our classes? Did someone-"

"No, April! I'm... not..." She grabbed the teen by the shoulders and shook her worries off. "E-Except for the glass in my scalp-"

"What-!?"

"Let me finish. There's this green stuff that oozed out right after the glass broke, I don't know what it is, maybe a harmful chemical like polychlorinated biphenyls." (Y/n) nonchalantly shrug. April blinked. Why did she almost sound like a certain someone? "Nothing happened to me, thankfully. I don't know why​​​​​​ though. I just want to tell you this so you would be careful next time you find yourself brooding on a rooftop."

...

"...What!?"

Before (Y/n) could explain further, both of them heard skates rolling towards their way. "Yo, Red!"

Ah, so the chaos begins.

----

"The two keys to stealth: misdirection and camouflage."

Leonardo suggested a training session as a break from finding more stray mutagen canisters, and the three younger brothers agreed, surprisingly even Raphael, because they were not making any progress anyway. Stealth was their lesson for tonight, each of the turtles was given a task to complete before they are tagged by someone who was it. Just now, Michelangelo failed to even lick the tip of the single slice of pizza on a random rooftop by their leader in blue. "I couldn't see you comin'!" Was his reason. Raphael could only shake his head at him. "That's why they call it stealth, genius." Then Donatello asked why would Mikey eat a random pizza he finds on a rooftop. He should at least expect his answer to be predictable, but then wonders expanded when the orange-masked turtle said he had ten favorite kinds of pizza.