Chapter 1- Returning Home

Indu Priya Chowdary:

**Swish**

As a soft rustle that breaks the silence of the room, a bright light falls on me, the world begins to stir with a quiet grace then suddenly a loud voice breaks the silence.

"Wake upppppp" I hear my annoying sister's voice and hide in my pillows. But she doesn't stop still

"Wake up wake up wake up.... I am calling mom" she says

with that one sentence I say "ok stop I am getting up" I can imagine the smirk on my cute sister's face.

With a slow, deliberate motion, I open my eyes, the weight of slumber slowly lifting from my consciousness. As my vision adjusts to the gentle light seeping through the parted curtains, the room comes into focus. I see my Sister staring at me fully dressed up. Wait a sec.

"Why did you dress up" I Ask my sister which made her smack her own head with her palm

she let out a sigh "Uff..!!" and said with looking up with her hands pressed together "Hey Begawan Please bless my sister some mind. Akka nenu niku kudhirithe na adbuthamayina burra iche dhanini kani adhi kudharadhu so legu tvaraga ready ayyi kindhaki ra."as she going out of my room she said" And check your phone."

(Translation: Akka means Big Sister.

Akka I could have shared my intelligence with you if it is possible but its not possible so get ready and come down fast and check your phone.)

I check for my phone to check if there is any special occasion. "OH Shit!!!!" these are the only words left my mouth as the time is running out. Today we are returning to India how could I forget that. I still have one bag left to pack I did not get ready and we only have three hours!! Before our flight.

We could have taken the private jet but my brother is using it for God knows what. Now because of him I need to worry about all of this. I quickly got ready and packed my bags. As I am descending the stairs, I see my serious mother fuming with anger. So, I choose my words to talk as she can turn from goddess to devil very easily,

"Well mostly because of us" my mind reminds me. I roll My eyes at that taught.

"Mama, you know how much I love you right" I say with my best puppy eyes because it melts her heart easily.

She gives me a smile and instantly hides it and says "let's go we are going to be late" and walks away towards the door.

I know it she can't be angry with me. I show my togue mockingly at my sister. She shrugs it off.

We follow her out of our home and look back for the last time because we don't know when we are going to return or we are going to return or not We moved to Italy when I am kid. Most of my Memories are in this house.

I push my thoughts aside and sit in the car.

On 'Anavi - my sister' and mine graduation day of our High School we had a surprise visit from 'Aarav- my brother' and father who lived in India for the past 1year. Yeah, it's a visit because they went back immediately. They are really busy persons cause they both manage our family company "Chowdary &Co" and they are Mafia bosses.

Yeah, I know they are mafia my whole family knows it. We don't hide anything from each other. We are a happy family of 5, Living in Rome, but one day my dear (note the sarcasm) brother and father went to India without telling any of us and came back just to Inform us that we are shifting to India.

I came out of my thoughts as we reached airport.

"I am so excited it is my first time going to India. Are you excited Akka" She asks while jumping out of the car excitedly.

Before I could response, she answers my question "why would you be excited you already went to India and lived there"

I shake my head and say "I lived there when I was a kid, I don't remember those times so I am super excited to return" excitedly throwing my hands on her shoulder.

Yes, I am super excited not only for returning to my birth place but also at the thought of at the possibility of seeing my crush.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys so this is the first chapter did you like it?

I hope it is not boring. If it is, please tell me I would try to write it not boring as possible.

Thank you for giving this story a chance. 😊