Chapter 10

The exams were finally over and now Lera was the happiest soul alive however she knew that she would only pass the exams as she wasn’t the type to get the top scores.

The result was going to be announced online and there was a semester break till the result was announced.

Lera thought of visiting her parents in Busan as Sohee had already left for her hometown to meet her own family.

Lera was enjoying her quality time with her parents as she already applied for a short leave from work.

Lera was ravishing the meal her mom prepared for her when she got a call from Jin. She got confused because Jin never called her during her leave.

“What’s the matter?” She said quite irritatingly as she had to leave the delicious meal because of his call.

“Yah….behave you brat. I am older than you plus I am your senior at work.” Jin replied in the same tone as her but there was also a little tease in his voice.

“I was enjoying the dinner my mom made for me. Can’t you call me after some time or maybe when I am not eating something delicious.” Lera said in a quite disappointed tone.

Jin laughed as he knew how much of a sucker Lera was for her mother’s hand made food. She must be really annoyed right now.

“Listen, I know you’re with your family and I myself don’t want to disturb you but there is an emergency.” His tone turned serious now.

“What is it?” Lera asked carefully this time as she sensed the seriousness in Jin’s tone and besides, she knew that Jin wasn’t the one to disturb someone unnecessarily.

“You have to attend an event in my place.” Jin stated in a professional manner. He was a total professional when it comes to work and Mr Jeon liked this quality of Jin very much.

“But I am in Busan right now. How can I…?” Lera asked with a confusion.

“And for this exact reason I am asking you to attend it as you are the only employee from Busan I know in the company plus your are there right now. My secretory again messed up with my meetingsm schedules and foolishly arranged both at same time and that too in two separate places like Busan and Seoul. I can’t be present at both at the same time so you have to attend the Busan one in my place. I’ll send you the details about the event. You just have to be at there on time.” Jin gave her a detailed reply not wanting to listen to her queries anymore.

“When is the event?” Lera sighed as she had no choice but to attend it. The event seemed an important one.

“At 9pm. You have two hours.” Jin said and hung up because he had to go for another meeting.

Lera panicked. Only two hours? How will she prepare for the event in these two hours?

She left the food as she lost her appetite already and went to her room to get ready for the event.

______

She was at the event right now waiting for Mr Jeon’s son to arrive as Jin told her. But he didn’t arrive yet. She had already read all the important details related to the event sent by Jin when she was in the cab.

Jin told her that Mr Jeon was not going to attend the event himself as he was with Jin in Seoul and his son was going to be there in the Busan event in his place.

Lera was trying to remember the name of Mr. Jeon's son that Jin had told her when she was in the cab which she forgot because she didn’t listen to him carefully as at that time she was going through the event details. She didn’t call Jin to ask about the name again as she didn’t want to be scolded again by Jin. The sound was music in the background wasn’t helping her at all but it was only causing her a headache.

She thought of going to the washroom for a while where she could get some silence and she might remember his name.

Even after getting the silence in the washroom, when she couldn’t recall his name she decided to give up and rejoining the event again.

She rushed out of the washroom as Mr. Jeon’s son was about to arrive at any moment. On her way to event party, she bumped into someone while coming down the stair. The person who she bumped into, bearly managed to hold himself by falling down the stairs.

Lera raised her head to say sorry but became astonished to see the person in front of her.

It was jungkook.

“What r u doing here?” Lera said freaking out.