𝔄𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔱𝔥

A varsity player fetched a deck of cards and passed them to Jasper, who was going to be the dealer. Sol and Kevin sat opposite of the table, their cups and punch bowl full. Higher or lower was a game of chance the Germaine siblings played.

    You get dealed a card and have to guess if the next one was higher or lower. If you guess it wrong you have to give something away, but in this case drink the cup. If you get it right you don't do anything and wait for the next round. And they chose as Ace to be the lowest.

    The two siblings already went through a drunk test. Walk in a straight line, look up and touch your nose, then stand on one leg and touch your nose. Both of them passed and were allowed to play.

    Jasper shuffled the cards and passed them out. "Alright, higher or lower?"

    Sol looked to her card and it was 7 hearts. "Lower." Kevin copied and Jasper flipped the card over. 3 diamonds. Both siblings flipped over their cards. Kevin had 4 spades. They both passed and gave their cards to Jasper.

    Jasper put the cards to the side and handed them new ones. "Higher or lower?"

    "Higher." Sol said, looking at her card with a black two.

    "Lower." Kevin looked at his own card. Jasper flipped over his cards at the same time they do. Ace was Jasper's card, king of spades were Kevin's. Sol lost this round. "Drink up, Solace."

    Sol looked to her full cup and poured it down her throat. She placed it back on the table and her throat burned, but she didn't show it. "Next." She slid her card back.

    They played for the next thirty minutes. Twenty-five rounds. Sol lost thirteen and won the others. They stopped every five rounds to do the drunk test. One person had to fail all tests in one go to be deemed drunk.

    After this round of tests, Sol and Kevin both failed the balance-on-one-leg-and-touch-your-nose test. They siblings sat down and waited for their next card. Sol was surprised at how she held down the alcohol for so long. Her vision was getting blurry and she had trouble standing up.

    Jasper passed their cards. "Higher or lower?" He looked concerned at Sol.

    "Lower." Sol slurred before giggling. She was holding king of hearts.

    "Lower." Kevin also slurred, but he didn't giggle.

    Sol rolled her eyes. "You suck." She giggled at her words to her brother. She placed down her card and the boys followed. Jasper had a 8 club and Kevin had a 6 diamond. "Haha, you lost!" She pointed at him. "Drink up, blubber!"

    Kevin downed his drink and they reset. They played the rounds and Sol won three of them, Kevin won two.

    "Okay, time for the test." Jasper announced and Sol pouted.

    "Did I mention I hate tests?" She struggled up and stood still. Kevin followed but he almost fell back.

    "Okay, walk in a straight line." Sol barley managed and Kevin stumbled. "Okay... now touch your nose while looking up." The two Germaine siblings stuck their arms out and looked up, bringing down their index finger to their nose.

    Sol poked her forehead the first time and cheek the other. "Haha, I failed the test." She deliriously smiled. Kevin also failed. "Hehe, we both failed! You suck!" She giggled.

    Jasper looked to his friend. "Now stand on one leg and touch your nose." Kevin did it first and almost fell forward if Asher didn't catch him. "Uh huh... Sol, it's your turn."

    "Mine? Okay!" She smiled before doing the test.

    "You need to raise one leg, Sol."

    Sol laughed. "Oh, yeah, right!" She lifted her leg and instantly fell down to the right. She landed in Sebas' arms as he caught her from falling on his face. "That was fun!" She giggled, getting pulled up. She looked to Sebas. "Thanks for catching me, tesorito." Sol put her hand on the side of his face.