𝔅𝔶𝔢, 𝔅𝔶𝔢

It was two weeks after Christmas break ended and all the Warrior Ducks were back.

    Hayley went to the Bahamas with her dad, Keenan went to visit his grandmother in Alaska, the other in-state teammates spent the holidays with their families, Myers spent his Christmas at his uncles ranch, Julian went to Canada with her mom for her game, Max and Yvette went to Greece, Warner stayed home, and Donovan went to Peru.

    The team pulled a harmless prank on varsity last night, which involved sneaking into Bombay's office for the master key to set frogs down Varsity Hallway. But in their defense, varsity taunted them by replacing their clothes with bright yellow dresses and their shoes with neon green heels. So, they had it coming.

    Anyways, the team was on the bus to go to an away game. Sol sat near the front next to Sebas, Hayley and Yvette were behind her, and Sebas and Donovan were in front. Aramis was taking attendance, ensuring everyone was here.

    When he reached a Donovan's name, Bombay could be seen walking up to the school bus. "McLean, Lester?" Aramis continued to take attendance until Bombay called the three coaches for a talk.

    "What do you think they're talking about?" Carter asked the team.

    "Beats me." Warner shrugged his shoulders.

    Athos threw his hands up. "What!" He sounded angry and turned to the bus of kids. "You guys care to explain what happened?"

    "What you talking about, coach?" Jasper asked for everyone.

    "The stunt with varsity."

    The team grew quiet. "They started it first, coach." Sol defended. "They stole our clothes."

    "So you broke into my office, stole the master key, went to the science room and stole frogs, and used them in your little prank against varsity? All for a thing of clothes?" Bombay spoke, his voice unwavering.

    Myers spoke this time. "Sure did!" Warner slapped his hand over his.

    "That is breaking and entering, team." He gave a cold stare. "This will not go down lightly."

    Hayley rolled her eyes. "Oh, yeah? What are you going to do about it?"

    "People on scholarship will have the revoked, and people who aren't, will forfeit the rest of the games." This sent the team into arguments.

    Anne spoke up. "With all due respect, Bombay, why the hell would you do that!?" She crossed her arms at the old man.

    "Anne Lafayette, this is what I choose." Bombay told the female coach. "You guys can try to petition it before the deadline of three weeks. Until then, the games are frozen. Oh and scholars," he turned to the bus. "You have until end of the semester to stay." And with that, he walked back to the school, cane in hand.

    Athos turned to the team, who was now crowding the bus entrance. "You contradicted our orders." He said to them, looking at their faces. "How dare you."

    "Like I said, coach." Sol stepped off the bus. "Those pigs started it! We just reciprocated."

    Aramis stepped in. "Still, you had orders to leave them alone."

    Sol folded her arms. "It was their fault, Coach."

    "We don't care whose fault it was." Anne turned to Sol now. "You broke our orders! And as captain, that's the last thing you should be doing."

    "Maybe you don't deserve that title," Athos spoke up. "Bombay told us you were the one who got the keys. A captain should lead by good example, not what you did."

    Myers looked at them, confused. "What are you talking about, Coach Athos?"

    "I'm revoking your title as captain, Germaine." The team gasped and Athos held out his hand. "Pass it over."

    Sol looked up at him. "Who's going to lead your team now?"

    "We'll figure that out, but your C." Sol rolled her eyes and took off the C from the jersey she was wearing. She handed it to Athos. "Okay, team. Everyone out, the game is cancelled." The Warrior Ducks emitted groans as they filed out the bus.

    "Puto gilipollas." (Fucking asshole) Sol mumbled under breath.

    Max turned to her. "¿Quién?" (Who)

    "Un gilipollas que es nuestro entrenador jefe." (An asshole who is our head coach)

    Max gave a knowing look. "¿Es un gilipollas por revocarte la capitanía?" (Is he an asshole for revoking your captaincy)

    "Sí." Sol huffed as the team reached the school entrance.