ℜ𝔢𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔡

Today was the day the Warrior Ducks went before the board to petition.

    Sol was sitting in history, trying to get through the morning. "You look awful." Asher said to her, after he took his seat. Apparently Mr Wryler didn't like changing seats after he made them, so she was stuck with Asher Hawthorne.

    "Can you shut up, you annoying fucking idiot." She snapped at him. She was a bit snappy that morning.

    Asher gave an awkward laugh. "Easy there, Solo. I was joking."

    "Your life is a joke." She grumbled, getting out a pencil and her history notebook.

    Asher got out the same materials. "Damn, someone's snappy this morning." He mumbled and didn't talk to her for the rest of class.

⋆ ★

    It was lunch time and Sol has gotten herself detention, along with Hayley.

    They both stood up for Yvette from some girl and got detention for doing absolutely nothing to the said girl. They had a pass to miss fifth period and that was during the time of when they were going to petition.

    The two girls sat together near the back. "That fat ass bitch." Hayley cursed under her breath, leaning in her chair. "Just had to give us detention today? Asshole."

    "We're missin' the petition." Sol glanced to the clock on the wall.

    "Fuck." Hayley groaned. "There's nothing to do in this fucking classroom!"

    The detention teacher looked up to Hayley. "Language young lady." He warned her.

    Hayley rolled her eyes. "Sorry, Mr Fable." She half heartedly apologized. "What are we going to do until practice?"

    "Talk?" Sol shrugged her arms.

    Hayley nodded and went silent for a moment. "So," she dragged out the word. "What are you and Asher?"

    Sol looked to her teammate. "What you mean?"

    "Are you guys together or something? I mean, I do see you guys talk all the time. Leslie sees it too." Hayley elaborated.

    "Me and him are nothing." Sol assured and Hayley gave her a look. "What?"

    "I see the way he looks at you." Sol gave a look and Hayley continued. "He has this look in his eye every time he talks to you. Don't you notice it? The dilated pupils? Constant smiles?"

    Sol actually let out a laugh louder than she expected. "You're funny, Hayles." She laughed again. "Real funny."

    "He likes you, Sol."

    "He does not."

    "Yes he does!"

    Sol looked to her friend. "I think I would know if he liked me. He would've given me signs, don't you think?"

    "No offense, Sol, but you're so dense." Hayley sighed, dropping the subject.

    Was Sol dense? Sol didn't know. But she knew one thing for a fact: Asher Hawthorne does not like her... Right?

    Sol decided to switch the subject. "How about you and Donny? You guys seem real close."

    Hayley smiled and laughed. "We're like you and Asher; just friends."

    "Uh huh, right." And the rest of detention flew by. Mr Fable ended detention just in time for hockey practice. The two girls walk to the locker room, to see the team all dressed.