Atlas

I texted Silas quickly and sped all the way to the hospital before running in and demanding to see her and know what's happening.

"Sir.. who are you? Only family members can see her right now." A nurse asked with a lot of attitude.

"I'm.. her husband. Her brother is also on his way. " I answer quickly.

Her attitude disappeared and nodded. "She's in room 405, someone called the emergency line informing us of a young girl passed out on the side of the road. She had a large fever of 103.6 and is now on fluids and antibiotics. Her fever is dropping but slowly . Until she wakes up, we don't know the full extent of what's going on, but you can go ahead and see her"

I nodded, thanking the lady before rushing to her room. She looked so fragile and weak. Her skin was paler than usual and her hair was half up and the part half down was spread out over the pillow. Her IV was hooked up on the inside of her elbow and slowly hydrated her.

I sighed and sat on the chair next to her bed. I grabbed her hand and slowly stroked her knuckles. My chest felt heavy and I almost felt the urge to cry. But I don't cry. I don't have these intense feelings.

But I had them for her.

Her eyes fluttered opened and she just stared at the ceiling for a moment before looking around and her eyes landing on me.

"Hi" her voice was slightly horse and I grabbed a water bottle from the side table, putting a straw in it for her. She happily took a sip.

"Hi baby." I respond and go back to holding her hand. "Silas is on his way. He should be here any moment"

She smiled and nodded before she squeezed my hand a little, staring at me softly. .

I brushed some hair out of her face and she smiled a little bigger.

"How are you feeling baby?" I ask her and lean a little closer.

"I feel ok. A little better than earlier." She looked down at our hands. "I was feeling a little warm this morning but thought maybe it was because I was nervous to get coffee with Silas. But maybe it was from us dancing in the rain."

She smiled slightly like it wasn't my fault on why she was sick and it made me feel extremely guilty. I was supposed to protect her yet I am the reason she's here.

"I kissed him" she admitted and I chuckled softly.

"I know, baby. He told me." We needed to tell her how we felt and how we both wanted to share her, if she was interested. "It's okay with us that you are kissing both of us." I added a smirk.

She bit her lower lip and nodded, visibly in thought but not pressing on it.

Silas came running in through the door out of breath and with worry in his eyes.

I smiled at her, squeezing her hand again before letting it go and standing. "I'm going to go find the doctor and maybe some fruit for you"

She nodded and Silas took the spot I was in.

"Why didn't you call one of us to bring you home or here?" Hurt was in his voice but I can tell he was being strong.

"I didn't want to bother you guys." She answered and I could hear him sigh as I walked out of the room.

I grabbed some cut up strawberries and an electrolyte drink before finding a doctor to come in and check her out. I fed her strawberries as her vitals were being checked.

"Mrs. Parks, you were severely dehydrated and as the season is changing the weather seemed to put you under the weather. Your fever is dropping and we are getting your fluids back to normal." He wrote some stuff down in his clipboard. "I'm prescribing you some meds just to make sure your fever stays down and at least a week of bed rest with plenty of fluids and healthy foods"

She nodded and sighed.

"Mr. Parks, please watch over her. Any dizzy spells that last longer than a couple seconds and an increase in fever, she will need to come back in." He shook my hand before leaving the room.

"Mr. Parks?" Magnolia questioned and I smirked.

" I had to say I was your husband to get to see you... Silas is your brother." I admitted.

She started to giggle and that turned into a full laugh. "We look nothing alike"

I let out a chuckle too as well as Silas. This was our girl, laughing and happy.

"Hey... we both have dark hair" he chimed in, laughing.

I shook my head, "we just had to get to you, baby. We were so worried."

She nodded with a smile and opened her mouth for another strawberry. The sight turned me on more than I'd like to admit but it wasn't the time nor place for that.

She finished all her strawberries and half of her drink so far and we were all watching the little tv in the corner. Me on one side and Silas on the other side of the bed. We were waiting for her tests to come back before she could be discharged.

"Why don't you stay with us for a week or so?" I asked before thinking it through.

"W-what? I can't do that." She said, thrown off by the question.

"Why not? Sweetheart, you are sick and need to be taken care of. We have a spare room. Let us help you" Silas answered kindly and with concern in his voice

"I can take care of myself, I wouldn't want to be a burden... you both have work" she truly overthinks

"We own the place. We don't need to be there constantly. Please? Listen to your husband." I smirked playfully.

A smile grew on her face, "fine. Just a week.... And I need to get things from my place"

"Deal". I smiled at Silas.