Chapter 2: An Electrifying Spectacle

At ESU, inside of Dr. Curt Conner's laboratory. Izuku, Gwen, and Peter were studying over for a late night session with Conner's.

Dr. Conner: In nature everything is connected. As scientists it's our job to explore and expand on those connections. To the benefit of society.

He says.

Walking over he put on a pair of gloves and grabbed a rod before walking over to a tank. The light in the tank was the only source of light in the room, revealing electric eels swimming inside of the tank.

Eddie: We're experimenting with genetically altered razor eels.

He tells them as the three were excited as Izuku was quick to start jotting down what he was seeing. As Connors walked over to the wall he pressed a button on the wall causing the tank push out from the wall as a staircase pushed out from the side. He then walked up the stairs to the tank.

Dr. Conner: Think what it could mean if we could harness this bio-electricity. Generate a alternate form of energy...

Sticking the rod into the tank he swims it around to grab an eel as he lifted it out of the tank.

Dr. Conner: A new clean source of power.

Peter: That sounds great, but uh you might want to clean the tank.

He said looking at all of the gunk and grim on the windows of the glass giving it the forest green glow.

Eddie: It's clean. The fluid, I call it 'sludge', it increases the eel biometric signatures.

Izuku: Amazing. Though 'Sludge', really? You couldn't have came up with something better like 'Gunk'?

Eddie: What, it's all I could think of right now.

He said embarrassed about the name as Izuku only chuckled as he wrote down 'sludge' in his notebook before closing it up.

Dr. Conner: Besides the name, it does in fact increase those very signatures to the point it has become so intense we've been forced to upgrade the biometric filters.

Man: We've been forced?

The engineer said, who was working on repairs to a machine hooked up beside the tank.

Dr. Conner: Hehe, right. We're forcing Max here to upgrade.

He says introducing the man now as Max Dillion, as he smiled pressing on the trigger on the drill in hand.

Max: All I'm saying.

He joked before getting back to repairing the machine. Walking over to the group Martha and a tired Billy made themselves known.

Martha: Curt. I need to get Billy to bed.

Dr. Conner: Right. I lost track of time.

Martha: You, no, I'm shocked.

She said walking over as she kissed her husband on the cheek as Gwen and Peter smiled seeing the two scientist happy with each other.

Dr. Conner: I have to wait for Max to finish, but you two go on ahead. Take Billy home.

He told her.

Martha: Uh you might want to send Peter, Izuku, and Gwen home as well. It is a school night.

She reminded the doctor.

Dr. Conner: Oh right, right. Uh go on you three.

Izuku: Okay, and doc I want to say thanks for letting me come after my shift. I know since I'm working now I won't really be able to come around as much, but I really want to say thank you for allowing me to still come.