Chapter 10: Persona

It was during the afternoon hour of the weekend, as Peter found himself running down the sidewalk. A look of urgency and excitement filled his face as he was in a hurry. After recent news from the space shuttle landing and hearing that there was a newfound discovery, he just had to go and see for himself.

Making it back to the house, he opened the doors as he rushed into the living room.

Peter: What did I miss?!

He asks as he looked into the living room only to see Aunt May stirring mix in a bowl, inattentive to what was going on the news as the Tv wasn't even on.

Peter: Aunt May I-I can't believe you don't have it on. They discover alien life and you're not watching?

Aunt May: Hoho, Peter. Aliens are bug-eyed monsters that say 'Take me to your Leader', hehe, this is a mud stain on a space shuttle.

Peter: Not mud. Organic Mud. 'Living Mud'. From outer space.

He corrects. As the Tv came on he turned his attention back to the television to watch the news.

Broadcaster: *NASA's not releasing images. But if we zoom in on this shot of the shuttle...righttt there! On the hull, that dark patch is extraterrestrial life. Primitive obviously, but organic.*

He says showing an up close picture of the hull and the black stain. The footage then switched over to two officers escorting the extraterrestrial life, or 'Organic Mud' as they would call it, into a lab under the care of Curtis Connors.

Broadcaster: *Earlier today the alien life form was flown to Empire State University, where it would be studied by the countries top bio-geneticist Dr. Curtis Connors.*

He says as Peter jumps up from the chair he sat in excitedly. Pulling out his phone he speed dialed a number as the phone picked up.

Izuku: *Hello.*

Peter: Dude are you seeing the news right now?

He asked.

At the Silver Spoon, Izuku stood behind a counter at work as the news was displayed on the television screen in the shop over by the far left corner above a booth. On the screen it showed the canister holding the alien inside as the screen panned over to Eddie who stood beside Dr. Connors.

Izuku: Yeah, right here infront of me in the cafe. Heh, Eddie looks funny on Tv.

Peter: *Really I didn't see that..no wait. Dude I'm talking about the alien do you see it?*

Izuku: Yeah, it's hard not to miss. I'm surprised they even came back to earth with it. And if the alien gets out and starts taking over people and saying 'The Earth is Mine Now', yeah, we'll need more than the army to save their butts. But I do feel safer that it's in the hands of the Connor's.

Peter: *You know Aunt May just said the same thing. You think they'll let us come to see it in person?*

He asked as Izuku stopped what he was doing.

Izuku: Itoko, no. After what happened last time I wouldn't even expect them to let us near the building.

Peter: *Dude we quit are jobs it's not like we were fired or anything.*

Izuku: Dude you were fired, I quit because you were fired. The Connors aren't just gonna let us come back because they got permission to work on something that is government approved.

He says as he goes back to fixing someone's Mocha Frappuccino. Pouring in whole milk, then blending it with Frappuccino Roast-Pumps and sauce. He fixes the drink up in a Grande cup and tips it off with light whipped cream to meet the customers order. Finishing it off he walks over to a tray of snacks and grabbed a pack of shortbread cookies.