2

~*Lan Wangji's POV*~

"How long ago did this happen?" I asked one of our disciples.

"About twenty minutes," he replied, "we split up to look for evidence but I found him like this. He could have been like this longer."

"Take him back to the sect and bring him to the sect leader," I said.

"Yes, Lan Er Gongzi," the disciple said.

I sighed after he walked away with the others and the injured or possibly possessed disciple. I agreed to look into this case but I never expected to do most of the talking. Xiongzhang has been wanting me to open up more but I am fine just the way I am. I have no reason to speak, so why should I try for small talk when it's undeniably boring. With a second sigh, I left to head back to Cloud Recesses.

Upon reaching the gate, there were two extra people there. One had on purple robes indicating that they were from the Yunmeng Jiang Sect and the other had on dark purple and red robes, and a red ribbon held his hair up into a ponytail which contrasted well with his dark raven hair.

I cleared my through as the one with the red ribbon was in my way, "excuse me," I said nicely.

The man turned around and looked right into my eyes. His eyes, they were so beautiful and silver, I thought I was looking at the moon for a moment. As we kept our gaze, I felt a rush of warmth run through my body. I was told about this. Those of the Lan bloodline will notice their fated person when they feel a rush of warm as I just did. The person would feel rooted in their spot and lost in the depth of the other's eyes. A clear indication that there was a connection beginning to form.

I knew I was different from others growing up. I just thought I never had an interest in being with a significant other. Marriage was brought up once or twice but I told them unless it was for a political reason, I will decline. Even then I would potentially decline as my cultivation always came first. My Shufu always took my side in that case. Now I was standing before my person. The issue not because he was a man, but because he looked confused. I saw a small light in his eyes but it was smaller than normal. He was holding onto something as I could tell he was not happy. He looked miserable for some reason.

Was it because he was here or was it something else?

As I was lost in my own thoughts and the sensation of the link between us forming, he spoke, "oh, my apologies," he moved aside and looked at the man beside him "did you really lose it Jiang Cheng? You had one fucking job!"

Alright, he likes cursing, but that is something I can ask him to calm down on. I had to speak with him and get to know him first though. He also seems to have some issues with the young Jiang heir. I have always heard the heir had a temper issue. I don't listen to rumors as it is forbidden here but now I am curious about their relationship. This man was clearly here with him. Was he the head disciple?

I managed to ignore everything else and made my way inside to meet up with my brother. He will ask questions but I felt Xiongzhang would know who he might be. I found him at his residence and informed him of the disciple. He was just about to go look at him when I arrived so I decided to go with him.

"Xiongzhang, may I ask you something?"

"Of course," he replied.

"Do you know the person who is coming with the young Jiang Sect heir?" I asked.

"Ah, I do," He said, "as there have been some meetings at Yunmeng, I had the opportunity to meet him a few times. He is the head disciple, Wei Wuxian. He was only around nine when he was taken in by Sect Leader Jiang. He treats Wei Gongzi like his son but he has not officially adopted him."

"Why?" I asked.

"No one knows other than them," Xiongzhang said, "why are you asking of him?"

I stopped walking and looked around us. There was no one around so I felt it was safe to tell him, "I met him at the front gate...I felt the connection that many people have spoken of," I explained.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded, "my body felt warm and...he is really good looking."

Xiongzhang smiled, "you don't ever say things like that," he said, "must be true."

"Will it be an issue?" I asked.

"Wangji, once the connection begins, it cannot be undone unless one dies before the bond is completed. No one can separate the bond and no one can end it. Even if there are some who may not like the two together, it is done. The bond creates a protection for both sides. He needs to know eventually so he knows what to expect," Xiongzhang said.

"When I took a good look at him, he looked upset. I do not think it was because of me or the sect. I felt something was wrong," I said.

"We will figure it out," Brother said.

"What will Shufu say?" I asked.

"That will be the tricky part," he said, "he too, has seen Wei Gongzi a few times and he breaks our sect rules quite often because of him. He judges Wei Gongzi before getting to know him just because Shufu knows Wei Gongzi's parents. He has some...issues with Wei Gongzi's mother in the past and he believes Wei Gongzi is the same. I do not think so though," he explained.

"I will give him a chance," I said, "Shufu cannot do anything about it now as you said too."

"That is correct," he said, "remember since the connection is forming and growing, you will start noticing some changes. You may begin feeling physical or emotional things due to it. Say he is hurt, you will know as you can feel his pain."

"I understand," I said, "I promise to be careful, observant, and patient."

"That is all that you can go on for now. Perhaps you could try to meet with him again soon," he said. All I did was nod. I wanted to see him again but the more I am around him, the more the connection between us grows. He will eventually feel it himself so I needed to prepare myself.