5

~*Wei Wuxian POV*~

"So, Wei Gongzi, what would you like my help with?" She asked.

"When I was young, long before my parents passed, I was diagnosed with Congenital insensitivity. The problem is that the madam of my current sect refused me to disclose this information to anyone and has been using this information to her benefit. She has been experimenting on me since she found out about it, testing my limits and seeing how much my body can handle even though I cannot feel pain. She doesn't realize that it still affects me as it will kill me if I do not do something. I am stuck because I am afraid to get help. I feel like I am just inches away from death's door. I do not want to die yet but I fear it will happen," I explained.

"How long has she known so I can get an estimate on how much you have actually endured?" She asked.

"I was around nine when I moved to Lotus Pier and I was about thirteen when she found out. So it's only been about three years since she found out but three years can still do a lot of damage," I explained.

"It can," she said, "let me examine you."

"Alright," I said.

~*Lan Wangji's POV*~

I was sitting with Shufu and Xiongzhang after breakfast at the Yashi. There was some time yet before classes were to begin so I decided to spend time with them. As I was sitting there listening to Shufu talking about what his first lecture would be on, I began to feel a soft pinch of pain on my back. I managed to ignore it until I felt as if one of my ribs just snapped.

"Wangji?" Xiongzhang questioned, "what's wrong?"

"It—It feels like—my ribs are breaking," I managed to get out, "it's not—my pain though."

"The connection between you and Wei Wuxian has already gotten to this point?" Shufu asked, "you can feel his pain? This bond between you two much be a really strong one. Fate has big plans for the two of you if you are feeling everything now."

"Wei Ying is hurt?" I asked, "where is he?"

"He stopped in to drop off his copies from his punishment and then went to breakfast. I do not know where he went from there," Shufu explained.

"Wangji, stay with Shufu, I will go look for him," Xiongzhang said, "if it gets worse, try to get to the infirmary to and take something to help block the pain."

I nodded and watched him leave. I then turned to Shufu, "did he look alright when you saw him?"

"He did," Shufu said.

Shortly after he responded, I felt my back begin to burn, "now it's his back?" I questioned, "what happened to him? What is going on?"

"We will find answers, Wangji, I promise," Shufu said.