10

~*Wei Wuxian's POV*~

Lan Xichen was kind enough to get me some materials from the sect treasury. He got me some different types of wood, stone, and minerals and then left me alone to do whatever I needed to do. I went a bit overboard and made Lan Zhan a few things. One of them I didn't necessarily make but just touched up. It was a gift my mother gave my father when they first started to court each other and it was something my father gave me before he died. It was a jade hairpin. It was a bit worn down so I just cleaned it up to make it look good as new.

As for what I was making him, I chose a matching piece of white jade and carved it into a pendant

As for what I was making him, I chose a matching piece of white jade and carved it into a pendant. Carved with the sect motif clouds and a white rabbit. I noticed that Lan Zhan has an interest in rabbits so I felt it would be to make something with a rabbit on it. The last thing was a sandalwood comb with the Gusu Lan cloud motif on the corner.

I know this is more than the token he gave me but he has been there for me since I arrived in the sect

I know this is more than the token he gave me but he has been there for me since I arrived in the sect. He was actually very kind and I wanted to do something nice for him. When Lan Xichen told me no one has done anything like this for Lan Zhan before, I decided I wanted to make it special. I made a charm for the pendant that will make it glow in case I was ever in trouble again.

Lan Zhan worried about me hurting myself purposely to get his attention, but this was an alternative. Just a drop of my blood on the tokens and it linked to me. He would just have to do the same to his token so I could always find him if we ever separated for whatever reason.

By the time I got my gifts done, it was actually the next day. I stayed up all night working on them. I put them in a Qiankun bag before going to bathe and dress for today. I then gathered the bag and put it in my robes before gathering my sword and new Jade token Lan Zhan gave me before heading to the dining hall.

"Wei Ying," Lan Zhan called for me not far behind me once I left the yard of my guest house.

"Good morning Lan Zhan," I greeted, "want to walk with me to get breakfast?"

"Mnn," he nodded.

"Great," I said and walked with him.

"How are you feeling?" Lan Zhan asked me.

"I think I am okay?" I said but I was more asking a question as I can't really feel.

"Right," He said, "you don't know...I don't feel anything from our bond so I am guessing you are doing better. After breakfast we will go meet with Wen Qing before class starts."

I sighed, "alright," I agreed.

Lan Zhan and I entered the dining hall and had a nice breakfast. We then went to the infirmary to meet with Wen Qing. I was doing fine according to her. The ointment she was using was helping my body heal faster than expected. The scars will always remain but at least they will heal. After we left the infirmary, there was still some time yet before lectures so Lan Zhan and I went to the library. I thought it was the best time to give him the items I made.

"Lan Zhan, I have some things for you," I said as I sat beside him and took out the Qiankun pouch.

"What is it?" He asked.

I took out the three items, "this hairpin used to belong to my father. My mother gave it to him for their first courting gift. They left it to me before they died and I knew that I would like to pass it down to my person when I found them. The token with the rabbit on it has a special charm on it. Because you are worried that if I were ever in danger again I'd risk having to hurt myself to gain your attention. The charm will help you find me if I am ever lost somewhere. The token you gave me, I can show you how the charm works so you can do the same for me. As for the comb...I just thought I'd make something simple that represents the sect," I explained.

"You did not have to do all this you know," he told me.

I nodded and looked down at my lap, "I know, but I wanted to. If you do not want them, I understand," I said.

I then felt him left my head up with his hand underneath my chin and held it there once I was looking at him, "Thank you, Wei Ying," he said, "I will accept them. I did not mean to make it seem as if I did not want them. No one has ever done something like this for me before."

"I am not like anyone else," I told him, "even though my trust in others has long since broken, I am learning to trust you. I just want to do what I can so I know I don't have to worry about losing you too."

Soon enough he held my face with both of his hands, "I am not going anywhere, not of my own choosing. You do not have to worry about losing me. If you want, I go where you go and you go where I go. I know we only just started to court each other but I want you to know that I am here for you, always," he explained.

I smiled at him as I placed my hand over one of his, "thank you," I said, "can I ask you something?"

"Mnn."

"What will happen to Madam Yu and Jiang Cheng?" I asked.

"We are waiting to hear from Sect Leader Jiang. They will be punished for harming you, not just in the past but also recently. You are now protected by me and if anyone ever wants to think they can hurt you, they thought wrong," he assured me.

"Am I going to remain a guest here? What will happen to me?" I asked.

"As you and I are soulmates, we will eventually marry, so you'd be apart of the sect," he replied.

"What do I do when lectures end?" I asked.

"We will talk to Shufu and Xiongzhang about that," Lan Zhan answered, "for now just focus on what is going on right now."

"Alright," I agreed.