4

~*Wei Wuxian POV*~

"Jiang Cheng, I am not going to keep fending for you if you do shit like that," I warned, "I took a punch to the gut for you and I am being punished because of you. And you blame me for losing face!"

"I am sorry, he was being rude," Jiang Cheng said, "And it was one time. How much have you lost face for the Sect?"

"If I left, it will no longer be my problem, and if something happens to it, it will not fall back on me!" I yelled and stormed out of our room. My fists were clenched into fists as I was so angry. I decided to take dealing with my punishment at the library. Perhaps it will be peaceful there. I am tired of taking the fall for everyone else. With Lan Qiren now breathing down my neck, I cannot afford to be playful.

When I arrived at the library, Lan Zhan was sitting at one of the desks. I sighed as I know that he was also someone I should try to avoid. He is the last person I want to aggravate. He is the head of disciplinary affairs when the sect leader and Lan Qiren are not handing them out. Though, from the ceremony earlier, Sect Leader Lan seemed to be okay. Lan Zhan was kind, but I shouldn't let that fool me. I can't trust anyone, not even here where the sect has over three thousand rules and one wrong move and I could have more severe punishments. I can't afford to get punished. I do not know how much more my body can take before it starts to be too much. I was told that this condition can actually kill me because I cannot tell if anything is broken or if I am internally injured. I have a strong golden core but that doesn't mean I can heal myself quickly.

I sighed and took a seat at a table further away from Lan Zhan and took out the rule books, parchment, and ink. Three hundred times...these rules are going to be embedded into my brain for three lifetimes. As I was writing, I felt eyes on me from time to time. I smiled and realized Lan Zhan was actually watching me. I know I should avoid him but he was so beautiful and it was hard to ignore his existence. How could anyone ignore such a beauty?

His eyes were gorgeous, a pale gold color that reminded me of the warm sun. His skin looked soft and I ached to have a touch. It's strange but I want to know him more....what was this feeling? Why was I so drawn to him? I do not understand. This cannot happen, I am not good enough for him and I could only endanger him. I had my plan set to leave but his presence was making me hesitate on it. Perhaps I should talk to him? No I should not, it will only make things worse for me.

I was only third of the way done when I heard him call for me. I looked up at him, "Lan Er Gongzi?"

"It's nearly dinner hours, you should eat," he told me, "and you can address me as Lan Zhan."

"Alright," I said, "I will go soon. I want to finish this set before I go."

"Very well," he said and walked out of the library.

I let out a sigh of relief as I watched him disappear. With him gone, I can focus on finishing this punishment that Jiang Cheng landed me in. He has the same punishment, writing rules but I have more copies to write, and I find that unfair because he was the one who made a scene not me. I just managed to make sure Jiang Cheng didn't get himself killed. Here I am paying the price for that.

People tend to get me wrong all the time. They always assume that I enjoy punishments and getting into trouble but that isn't the case. One quarter of the punishments I got back at Lotus Pier were actually worthy of a punishment, the other three quarters was just Madam Yu taking her anger out on me and experimenting on this condition of mine.

I sighed and put my things away for now. I was half way done with writing so I can just finish them tonight in my room. Though Jiang Cheng and I share a space, our beds are separated by a wall, so I can finish my copying without bothering his sleep. I realized that I almost cut it short for dining hours and there was only about ten minutes left. So I just got a bowl of rice and scarfed it down before hiding away in my room.

I spent the entire night writing out my copies. I had a few days to get it done but I got it done within twenty-four hours so I can just hand it in now and not have to worry about anything. When morning came, I took my copies straight to Lanxian-Sheng, (Lan Qiren). He was impressed that I got it done so quickly and he could easily read each copy.

"I am impressed, you got this done faster than most of our sect members and you are just a guest here," he said.

"It's alright, I have gotten used to writing quickly but neatly. It's become a skill at this point," I said and bowed, "since there is still time, may I leave for breakfast?"

"Go on ahead," he said.

I bowed again before leaving. He was kinder to me today. Maybe he was in a good morning today, who knows. As long as I don't have to deal with his yelling. After breakfast, I had a little bit more time so I decided to head towards the infirmary. Perhaps I can speak to one of the healers and they can keep my condition a secret as it was patient and doctor confidentiality. When I entered, I spotted the female Wen who arrived with Wen Chao. Perhaps she can help me.

"You are a healer?" I asked her.

She turned to me, "I was given permission by Sect Leader Lan to continue my practices here while attending lectures. I have skills that the healers here lack and I am happy to share them," she replied.

"Are you good with patient and doctor confidentiality?" I asked, "I could use a knowledgeable physician to help me without worrying about this issue getting out."

"Come with me to a private room and we can talk," she said with a nod.

I followed her. She seemed trustworthy. I guess there is one thing I know is when it comes to trustworthy physicians, I will take all I can get. She could be my hope of getting this thing dealt with, if anything, manageable.