seeing your daughter's scars (requested)

Author's Note: This chapter contains possibly triggering content so please don't read if that makes you uncomfortable!

————————————————

"Hey, honey! How was school?" You asked as your daughter walked through the door.

Yunjin lifted her head at the mention of your daughter being home.

You were finishing up dinner while Yunjin put the clean dishes from the dishwasher into the cabinets.

"Not bad!" She said before she headed for the stairs.

"Wait, wait!" Yunjin chuckled, causing your daughter to freeze on her feet. "Where are you going? Dinner's almost done. Why don't you sit and tell us about your day?"

"I'm good." Your daughter spoke.

"Ella?" You frowned. "Come on, honey. We missed you today! Tell us how your day went."

She sighed before turning back around and making her way to the table.

She sat down and Yunjin noticed something interesting right away.

"That's a lot of bracelets you have on." Yunjin smiled. "Did you get some from your friends?"

Before your daughter could say anything, Yunjin was standing right in front of her inspecting the bracelets down her arms.

She gently pulled at one, causing it to lift from your daughter's wrist and Yunjin's smile faded upon seeing her skin.

"Oh, my god..." Yunjin quietly spoke.

But she was loud enough for you to hear.

"What is it?"

"It's nothing, mom. Don't worry!" Ella said as she tried to get up.

"Don't," Yunjin said. "Are those scars on your wrists? Are they from what I think they are?"

You turned off the stove and walked over to them with a frown.

"What scars?" You asked.

"Honey, do you want to tell her?" Yunjin asked her.

Ella nodded before looking at you.

"I wear all of these bracelets to hide my scars... the scars on my wrists and arms from harming myself."

Your heart sank as you watched her take her bracelets off and show you and Yunjin her scars for the very first time.

"I'm being bullied. People keep saying things and they keep making up rumors about me. I don't have friends anymore and it's hard sometimes." She confessed.

"Sweetheart, why didn't you tell us?" You asked.

"You and Mom have so much on your plates already. I didn't want to make things harder by worrying you both about this." She said as she looked between you two.

"Honey, you could never do something like that." You said.

"Never, ever," Yunjin assured. "You're our daughter and we love you so much. If you're struggling and hurting, you need to tell us so we can help."

"I know. I'm sorry I started doing this but I swear, I did stop." She quickly said as tears filled her eyes.

"It's okay." You spoke softly before you and Yunjin gave her a big hug. "It's alright, honey. We're here for you."

"Please don't hurt yourself again and if you do, please come to us. We won't judge you. We just love you and want to help you." Yunjin pleaded.

"I won't do it again... but if the urge arises, I promise I'll come to you and Mom immediately." She said. "I love you both too."

"Not as much as we love you." You said before kissing her head, making her giggle.

"Will you please talk to us about what's going on so we can help?" Yunjin asked.

Ella pulled away and nodded as she wiped her tears away before she began to open up to you and Yunjin, telling you both everything.

And you and Yunjin shared a quick look, swearing that you'd do everything in your power to help her however you could.