Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Five days passed, and Finn didn't find a friend. He was alone at school. People avoided him and thought of him as a freak. When it was recess, he usually spent time alone in class, drawing.

"Hey! Isn't that too much?" one of the classmates asked with a concerned face. Lloyd wrote offensive words on Finn's desk, "Who cares? It's not like he's going to do something!" Mash grabbed his wrist, making him stop what he was doing, "I care." Some of the students in the class laughed and mocked him. "I CaRe~" one of the students made fun of him. Lloyd looked at Mash with a disappointed look, "Come with me, Mash." He dragged him to the toilet. "How often do I need to tell you to stop defending people? They deserve it!" Mash glared at him, "They didn't even do anything wrong." Lloyd just laughed, "Dumbass as always. It's a revenge, my dear friend!" He put down his hands on Mash's shoulder, "You should stop acting like a hero. It's disgusts me." He walked away from Mash. Mash stood there, staring at the floor, "I think I need more cream puffs."

Meanwhile~

Lloyd opened his classroom door and walked to Finn, who was sweeping the floor, "You jerk!" He grabbed Finn's collar. Finn tried to let go of his grasp, "L-let m-e-" stuttered Finn. He also couldn't speak properly. Finn made a grunting noise, which made Lloyd annoyed. "SHUT THE FUCK UP, PUNK!" He then slapped him hard. Finn fell out of the ground after Lloyd let him go. After that, he pulled his hair, "YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE ALIVE, YOU KNOW THAT?!" Finn held Lloyd's hand and tightened his grip. "Let- let me- go!" he stuttered again. Finn pushed him away, got on top of him, and punched him lightly, trying not to hurt the blonde boy. He spoke incomprehensible words, "WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!?" Lloyd pushed him away and made Finn lay on the floor. "Finn.." Lloyd recognized the voice, "MASH! HE'S A JERK! HE PUNCHED ME!" Finn looked at where Lloyd looked. "M-Mash.. Hel-help m-e please." he sobbed. Mash stared at Lloyd, "Finn, I can't believe you." Unfortunately, Finn couldn't hear him since he was deaf. Mash pushed Finn away from his friend. Then, he carried his friend and gave Finn a death glare. He brought Lloyd to the nurse's office.

"FINN, ARE YOU OK!?" cried Lemon. She ran toward him and saw a few bruises on him. Finn didn't understand, but he knew she was worried for him, judging by her facial expression. He smiled in relief that the fight was over. Lemon saw a whole scene. She wanted to stop Lloyd but couldn't bring herself into a fight. "Let me take your notebook and pen." she checked his bag and then under his desk. "FOUND IT!" she took the notebook and pen after that, she gave it to Finn.

Lloyd attacked me all of a sudden.

Lemon snatched the book from Finn's hand and lent a pen from him.

I know! He's such an asshole, and I thought Mash would be on your side.

Finn smiled. Then, Lemon wrote something that surprised him.

Do you want to be friends with me? I'm lonely.

Finn nodded many times.

Let's hang out after school!

Sure!

People started to avoid Lemon since she was friends with Finn. Finn also taught her about sign language.

"Her clothes are weird. No wonder why no one likes her!" Akari gossiped with her group of friends. Most of her friends agreed, but little did they know Lemon could hear them. She stared at them with a frown face until someone tapped on her back, and it was Finn.

Are you OK? asked Finn

I'm good. No worries! she replied.

"What's with the hands!?" a student called out. "It's a sign language, Rin," answered Lemon. She is tired of this stuff. Almost everyone bullied Finn, and it sickened her. Lloyd went to Finn while Finn backed up, "You're a weirdo! How are you even here?" he pushed the poor short boy on the floor. Before Lemon could save her friend, someone held her tightly, and it was Mash. Lemon struggled to free from Mash's grip. She couldn't do anything except see her best friend bullied by her classmates. A few students from their class teased him, a group of girls cheered the bullies, and some boys joined the bullies by kicking Finn's legs.

"I thought you were a good person, Mash." she looked elsewhere. She doesn't want to see her friend in pain. "I'm just doing my job. They are my friends." Lemon used all her strength to escape from him. She then shooed people away and begged them to stop. They did as they pleased until satisfied, "We're satisfied now. You can have him now." They left him and pretended to be a good guy.

Lemon went up to him and cried on his shoulder. Finn hugged her and gave her a weak smile.

__________________________________________________

Yummy angst.