Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

Finn held Mash's hand as they crossed the zebra crossing. They talked a bit about each other's life. It was a sweet moment. They hang out on the beach since Lemon suggests to Finn that he can visit her at 9.00 pm. She had an extra class this weekend, and it was pretty busy. Finn and Mash bought ice creams to enjoy their date. It was peaceful and beautiful. The sky was a bright golden yellow, a deep navy blue, a creamy off-white, and a light turquoise blue-green. It creates a cheerful yet calming atmosphere. They sat on a bench overlooking the sea and the sunset. "Hey, Finn. Do you think we can be together again?" Finn took a glimpse at him. Then Mash signed.

Me and you, friend?

Finn's eyes widened, surprised by the question. "I promise I won't hurt you. I am." He came closer to Finn. Finn just shook his head, "We-We a-ar-are friends." He frowned and then widened his smile. Mash sighed in relief and smiled back at him. "Won't you mind if I lay down? I'm a bit tired." Finn made some space for Mash to lie down, but seem like Mash disagreed with his action. "You can have that space." Mash wanted to ask if he could lay on Finn's lap, though he got so anxious that he just let the feeling go. A few minutes later, there's a notification from Finn's phone. It was Lemon.

I'm home. I'm going to get ready for your visit. Yes, I went home early. I can't wait to see you :)

Finn giggled a bit for no reason. He then replied to her.

We should get going. Finn signed.

Mash hummed back. They walked around the town. It was fun. Finn bought a lot of souvenirs while Mash followed him and yawned. He's not really into shopping, but Mash wants to spend time with Finn, so he tries to entertain Finn. Finn pat Mash's back after he saw a dessert store. There are probably cream puffs. Who knows. Although the town was crowded and loud, they had to yell at each other if they wanted to talk about something. Then, people started to walk around messily. Finn could barely see Mash as people kept blocking his way.

"FINN?!" screamed Mash, who couldn't see his friend's figure. 'This place is too crowded.' thought Mash as he went to the jewelry store, which was very near because only a few people were in there. He came inside and got a little closer to the glass to see the last place he saw Finn. Finn saw Mash in the jewellery store so he waved his hands. Mash saw a familiar sleeve. He got out of the store and tried to reach the hands. Finn caught Mash's hands. They ran toward a deserted place. It was tiring, and sadly, Finn couldn't tell the dessert store since it was pretty crowded too. Mash checked his phone, "Oh, it's almost 9.00 pm. We can go to Lemon's house now." Finn agreed. He then had a little break before they could move on.

It wasn't that far. They just walked to Lemon's house. Not very long after, Finn saw Lemon's house. It's not that big besides, it's only one story house. Although, it was full of decorations and plants. It was admirable to Finn that he suggested decorating his walls, but his family refused to do so. Mash rang a bell though he pressed too hard that the bell was destroyed. 'Is he all right? He seems pretty stressed.' thought Finn as he looked closer to Mash. Maybe because they going to visit Lemon? the thoughts were pushed away as someone unlocked the door.

Turns out, it was Lemon's dad, "Hey, kids! Lemon is in her room right now. Me and my beloved wife have to go somewhere. Have fun and please take care of my daughter." said the dad, who was wearing golfer hat with a large brown coat. Then, his wife went to the front of the door, "Hmm, who's this, honey?" asked a lady, who's probably Lemon's mom. The lady wore a coat too with a long skirt. Both of them look fancy and gorgeous. "Oh! Remember when Lemon talked nonstop about her friend, Finn? Well, this is him and the other one...I never met him. Lemon only mentioned Finn. Young boy, who's this?" he pointed at Mash. Finn stuttered around, he couldn't explain. Mash then helped him to answer the parent's question, "My name is Mash Burndead. I'm Finn's friend. He invited me so I thought I could spend time with my friends." Mash bowed down. "Wait, honey, Isn't that Finn's bully?! Lemon kept complaining about him!" the mom spoke out, terrified. The dad somehow wasn't surprised or mad, "Come on, Darling. It was a few years ago. Maybe he changed? Besides, he stood beside Finn here. Unless this man forced Finn to go with him?" he glared at Mash. Mash just yawned, "Yep, it was a long time ago. Now, I'm Finn's friend." Mash put his right arm on Finn's shoulder, making them a little closer.

Finn was flustered. The old man saw Finn's face and then chuckled, "Ho! Ho! Ho! You boys have fun!" The parents then went outside the house, waving at Mash and Finn. Finn and Mash waved at them back. They went inside, "H-He-Hello, Le-Lemon?" stuttered Finn. Mash looked around the small house.

"IN THE KITCHEN!" shrieked Lemon. Then, there's a burnt smell. Finn and Mash rushed to the kitchen and saw Lemon with burnt buns in her hand. The oven had smoke, meaning that she might put the buns in the oven then it got burnt. "Ha, ha. Clumsy me." grinned Lemon with furrowed eyebrows. She put down the buns near the counter. Lemon reached the fridge near Mash and that was when she saw Mash was there.

"M-MASH BURNDEAD!? FINN, WHAT IS HE DOING HERE!?" Lemon grabbed a pan and then threw it at him. Mash caught the pan easily, "That's not how you treat guest." Lemon turned back to Finn, "You want to explain this?" said Lemon with a straight face.

Yes, it sounds crazy but me and Mash are friends now. He's very nice! He's changed now, Lemon. We can also change. Finn signed.

And just like that, her expression changed, "Oh well! Sorry, where's my manners?" chuckled Lemon, holding Mash's hands. "I don't know," answered Mash, who was a bit confused. Lemon looked at Mash and she must be honest, he looked rather attractive and buff. This made her fall in love with him, Mash Burndead. She wondered if he had a girlfriend or not, "Hey, don't mind me asking but do you have a girlfriend? Or maybe someone you like?" She guided him to the living room, forgetting about Finn. Though, he was glad that Lemon and Mash became friends. Finn followed them to the living room and sat on a couch as they did the same.

"Me? Girlfriend? I don't know but like someone? Maybe." he took a glimpse at Finn and then looked at Lemon. Lemon widened her eyes and Lemon thought it was her, "AH!!! YOU'RE SUCH A CLUTZ!!" Lemon screamed at the top of her lungs. Finn awkwardly sat there, wondering if he should leave them be or not. He didn't care if Mash didn't like Finn back, as long as Mash is happy then he's happy too. "RIGHT! I made cookies! You guys can have some." Before Lemon could walk away from the living room, Mash tugged her arm, making Lemon blush harder than before. "Y-YES!?" said Lemon. "Can I have.." Lemon looked at him and so did Finn. "Can you have?" she titled her head to the side a bit. "Can I have a cream puff?" asked Mash. Lemon hummed, "OF COURSE! Let's see if I have the ingredients." She checked her kitchen cabinets, but she was out of flour, "The store is still open. I can go to the store for flour." she grabbed a key house. "That's all right. I can go. You can stay." said Mash, looking at the clock. "Are you sure?" asked Lemon while Finn stood up and went to them. "Hmm, it won't be that long. I promise." He snatched the key from Lemon's hand. "See you in any minutes."

__________________________________________________

YEAY! I'M BACK 💝