Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

There were a lot of mumbles in the school hallway, which annoyed Mash. He's an introvert, but since he's an athlete in high school, no doubt people want to approach him. "Hi, Mash!" said a teenage boy, walking past him. Mash didn't give a response, 'I need a break. Too many people.' He rushed to the bathroom and put his bag on the sink table. Then, someone got out of the stall with a flush. Surprisingly, it was Lance, "Mash?" stated Lance as he saw Mash in his sight. Mash turned his head to him, "Lance, do you want a cream puff? You haven't eaten yet." Mash offered him a cream puff on his hand. Lance shook his head and dragged Mash to his class.

"You better not skip class again." Lance glared as soon as they arrived in Mash's class. Mash chewed the cream puff and ignored Lance's words. The bell rang. Lance went to his class.

Mash's class was pretty boring. Since he sat next to the window, he was distracted by the outside. He couldn't focus at all. "Burndead?" Mash looked at his teacher, "Yes?" "Please focus." told the teacher.

After school, he went to the school gate because that's where he and Lance usually meet after school. "Please, mister! It is my bike!" Mash could have sworn that familiar voice. He followed the voice. The voice wasn't that far. He saw Lance trying to take his bike, but someone forced him to give it. "Please, kid! I need it!" said a man. He looks rather desperate. "I'm sorry, sir, but this is my bike, and you don't have my permission." Lance struggled to take his bike since the man also pulled his bicycle.

"MASH! HELP ME!" screamed Lance. 'Uh oh. he saw me!' he didn't want to help but guess he had to. Mash told Lance to let the man borrow it. Then, tomorrow, he needs to return it. The man grinned, agreeing. On the other hand, Lance had a bad feeling about this, but he concurred too.

Mash and Lance walked home without even eye contact. Mash stopped and tugged Lance's sleeve. He then pointed at the cream puff shop, "Let's have that. My treat this time." Lance glanced at the shop, "Well, if it's your treat, then I'm in." They went inside and ordered. They decided to have a takeout.

After that, they find a seat to wait for their drinks. Mash sat across the table from Lance, "I'm going to go to the toilet." Before Lance could sit down, he dashed to the toilet. Their drinks were ready, but Lance was still inside the bathroom. Mash looked at the customers until he saw a familiar person.

He has black hair with a yellow streak on the left side of his fringe. It was Finn. Finn Ames. He's also had hearing aids on his ears. Mash was shocked, so he decided to hide his face. 'What are you doing, Mash? Go to him. Make up for him. It's your only chance.' he thought. He stood up with trembling legs.

Before he could even approach Finn, someone laid their hand on Mash's shoulder, "What are you doing here, you bastard?" Mash turned around and saw his old bully, Rayne Ames. Rayne grabbed Mash's collar, "Why in the fuck, you think it's a good idea to bully my brother?!" People's attention went to them. "Sir, please let him go." said the cashier. Finn was concentrating on his phone, not focusing on his surroundings.

Rayne let go of Mash and walked up to Finn, "Finn, let us get out of here." He talked to his brother sweetly. Rayne tried to block Finn from Mash. Finn felt suspicious, but he followed his brother. Once they got out, Rayne gave Mash a death glare to warn him not to come close to Finn. Mash didn't give him a single reaction. Lance finally went out of the toilet. He realized that it was a bit quiet, which made it suspicious. He went to Mash, who was standing in front of the cashier. Lance asked him what was happening, but Mash brushed the question off. They held their orders and went home.

The next day, Mash felt like he needed to ease his mind. So, he went to the nearest park. Then, he saw him again on a bridge. It's Finn Ames. He wanted to talk to him but felt guilty to do so. He shook his head and went to him. He tapped on Finn's back. Finn turned his head and was shocked to see Mash. He tried to brave himself and ignored him. Mash then started to sign, Finn, how are you? Finn was surprised to see his ex-bully did sign language. How did you learn sign language? Finn sign. Mash answered his question. Finn got a good look at Mash, and he must be honest that Mash is handsome. After Finn observed Mash's face, then looked at Mash's body. He was flustered when he saw how buff Mash was.

Are you working out? Finn sign.

Mash nodded. Finn turned around to cover his crimson face. Mash tilted his head to the side, wondering why. They got to know each other.

They fed the birds while sitting on a bench. Finn smiled, glad to see the birds were OK. Mash looked at Finn while Finn fed the birds, 'He has such a nice smile.' thought Mash.

They spend their time together until evening. Suddenly, Finn's phone got a notification. He looked at his phone and then at Mash.

Sorry, Mash. I have to go. Before Finn could run, Mash tugged his arm. Finn glanced at him with worry.

Can I have your number? Mash sign. Finn slightly blushed. He nodded his head faster than ever. They gave  their phone number. Finn then left him. After Finn wasn't in his sight, Mash began to smile. He must be honest. He rarely smiled before, but after he met Finn, something changed.

__________________________________________________