Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

The next day, Finn and Mash got ready to go home. Lemon baked a cake for both of them. It was a cheesecake! She also baked the cake for her family. All Lemon's family members, including Finn and Mash, ate at a small dining table. They ate 2 slices of bacon, an egg, and soybeans. For drinks, Lemon's parent had coffee while others had a glass of milk.

After breakfast, Lemon's mom scolded them for making such a mess in the living room last night. Lemon's dad tried to calm her down since it was a little mess. What can he say? Lemon's mom is a perfectionist. She would design something by herself rather than have someone help her. "Mash, can you pick up the empty bottles?" asked Lemon while blushing madly. As Mash turned around to pick up the bottles, Lemon gazed at him. She was weirdly gazing at him. Finn was sweeping the floor, noticed this, and felt uncomfortable. He then tapped her back, "Y-yes?" said Lemon. She stopped what she was doing. Finn shook his head while looking at her with disappointment. Lemon frowned. Yeah, what was she doing? That was a pervert of her. She smiled at him, realizing what she had done. "Done." Mash rejoined. Lemon swiftly turned her back, "O-oh! Okay then, can you throw-" "Done." Mash interrupted her. Finn beamed, knowing how fast his friend was.

"WHAT!? THAT WAS SO QUICK! I COULDN'T HEAR YOUR FOOTSTEPS AT ALL!" she spouted. "Oh, boy," Mash added, his hand on his forehead. "Kids, an Uber is going to pick up Mash and Finn. Be prepared at 10.00 am." Lemon awed, Finn nodded, and Mash put a thumb up.

It's been an hour since Finn and Mash prepared, but the Uber hasn't arrived yet. They probably got scammed by the Uber driver, or the Uber was late, but it can't be this late! Finn was playing with his fingers while Mash was eating cream puffs that Lemon made for them. They had been sitting on the porch for almost 1 hour and a half. Lemon's family was getting ready because they needed to attend their relative's wedding.

The front door was opened by Lemon with her beautiful white dress. She also tied her hair in a Crown braid style.

Mash widened his eyes as if he saw a pretty view. This made Finn feel hurt. His breathing turned heavy, so he tried to control it. "Mash! Finn! How do I look? I kinda don't like the hair. It looks messy." she whined. Finn must be honest that Lemon looks pretty. Perfect for a handsome guy like Mash. They're going to be a great couple. Mash went closer to her and put both of his hands on her shoulders. Lemon's face turned into maroon. She also stuttered so Mash and Finn couldn't hear her words clearly. 'ARE WE GOING TO KISS? I SHOULD HAVE WORN MY LIP BALM! OH NO! HE'S INTO THIS KISSING STUFF?!' her mind went elsewhere, "I really like your cream puffs," commented Mash. Lemon's heart shattered, feeling embarrassed. "They're so good. This is your first time making cream puffs, right? You are very talented in baking." he praised her. Lemon liked it when Mash praised her, but this time, her jaw dropped. "Aw, why the cream puff? Why not me?!" she swung her arms around. Finn sighed in relief. He felt selfish for wanting Mash all by himself. Who is he kidding? Mash doesn't like a guy like him. Then, Lemon's body was unbalanced, making her fall and bump into Mash's chest.

He caught her, and then Lemon's face leaned closer to his. Finn stood there with a broken heart because he saw his best friend kiss the one he loved. He couldn't feel his legs since it was trembling a lot. He wished to not witness this ever again. Lemon pulled away from Mash fast. "OH MY GOD! I AM SO SORRY, MASH! I DON'T KNOW WHAT GOING ON WITH ME!" she panicked. Finn glanced at Lemon, and he could tell that Lemon liked it, and she was too naive to do so. Mash wiped his lip, not giving any reaction. Did he like it, too? "Tasted like strawberry." he licked his lip. 'Does he actually like it?!' Finn shocked. "Oh, it's because my lipstick tastes like strawberry!" Lemon explained, but those words couldn't be heard by Finn. He was overthinking too many that he couldn't reach in Lemon's and Mash's conversations. He almost teared up until the parents came.

"Mash? Finn? What are you boys doing here? I thought the Uber already took you home." Lemon's mom then made her own assumptions that the Uber driver scammed her husband since he's the one who paid the Uber driver to take Mash and Finn to their home. The dad was so furious that he stomped to his car and started the engine while grumbling about something. Lemon thought it was adorable since her dad is short. She let out a small chuckle. Then, she grabbed Mash's hand and escorted him to the car. Finn's heartfelt ache, but he brushed it off and acted like it was fine.

It's been 15 minutes in the car, and Lemon fell asleep in the back. She leaned herself against the car door. The woman who sat beside the driver seat also slept, and there was only Mash, Finn, and the dad. The dad was driving, so both boys from the back didn't want to disturb him. Mash could feel a tap on his shoulder. He looked beside him to see Finn smiled and then stopped.

Do you like her? signed Finn.

Finn signed instead of speaking because he didn't want Lemon's dad to know about their conversation. Lemon's dad is pretty bad at sign language.

"Maybe," replied Mash. "What is it, young boy? Can you repeat that again? I couldn't hear you," said the old man, focusing on the road. "N- Nothing!" told Finn as he looked at Mash with a sad face. "That's weird. Shouldn't you be more happy for me? I thought friends should support each other." Mash spoke, making the dad's attention to them. Mash's words sound like he is mad, but he seems not. This was it. This is the time when Finn can confess. Lemon was sleeping, so he thought it was good timing.

Before Finn could open his mouth to speak, Mash interrupted him, "Ah... I know. You like Lemon, do you? Sorry if I... You know." Finn wanted to say no, but he got interrupted again, and this time, it was Lemon's dad,

"WHAT!?" Then he laughed. "I knew it! I thought you were gay!" Finn awkwardly smiled, "That's okay, Finn. You can tell me if you're going to confess to her! I'll help you! This secret is between both of us. Oh, Don't forget Mash too! Hahaha!" he laughed louder than before. 'Oh, boy.'

After 1 hour in the car, Lemon's dad dropped Finn near his house. Finn walked like a zombie until he was in the living room. Then, he flopped on a couch. He moaned a little, trying to comfort himself. Suddenly, his older brother came out of their room. "You back?" asked the tall boy. Finn waved his legs. Finn typed something on his phone. Not long after that, Rayne got a notification.

Finn

I almost confessed to him.

Rayne widened his eyes, "THERE'S NO WAY! If Mom finds out you have a crush on him, you are doomed, that's for sure." Just like that, he left the house. Finn stared at the television. What is he going to do now?

The next day, Mash went to school as usual until he saw a note on his desk.

We want to be your friend. -James and Lovecute (P.S call me love :3)

Mash's eyes tried to search for them. He saw both of them waving their hands. Both of them went to his seat. Love was in the same primary school as Mash, too. She really hated boys back then, except for his dad. Maybe she changed. James, on the other hand, Mash never met him. He could make some new friends.

"My name is James. I wanted to be your friend because I think you need one," said James. "But I have friends," Mash added. "MY NAME IS LOVECUTE! I wanted to become a part of your life!" shouted Love with a cute pose.

Mash smiled, then immediately pulled back, "Glad to have all of you." However, he only looked at the window and not them.

__________________________________________________

I'm back, yall!!