Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

"Woah! So you can hear me?" questioned Lemon as she poked Finn's hearing aid. He nodded and smiled. She drew attention after she squealed so loud. People glanced at the duo as the surroundings started to be silent. Mia realized there was a device in Finn's ears, so she thought she could have a closer look. Mia pushed Lemon away and sat next to him, "Is it true that you can hear us?" Finn was embarrassed, but he nodded anyway. Then, a few people went to him, "Wait, he can hear us?" "That's glad to hear!" "There's a device in his ears!" They wanted to see the device, but Finn closed his ear with his hands until someone removed his hands and snatched the device. "Woah! What is this thing? So gross!" she threw the device in front of the class, but luckily, someone caught it.

Sadly, it was Finn's bullies, Lloyd, and his friend. "The hell? What's this?" He then passed it to Mash. Somehow, Mash didn't give a reaction, "What's this? A bug?" Lloyd could smack him right now, but he need to stay calm. "Why don't you throw it away?" suggested Lloyd while pointing at the window. "OK." Mash walked toward the window. "WAIT-" Lemon tried to stop him, but it was too late. Mash threw the device as far as he could. "Oh. What did you want to say, Lemon?" He took a glimpse at her. Finn stood up and exited the class. He ran outside the school, trying to find the device. Some supervisors chased him to stop him. "KID! GO BACK TO YOUR CLASS!" shouted the supervisors. Finn stopped his steps and searched for the device in the school garden since Mash threw it there.

He teared up as he saw the device had a lot of damage. The supervisor felt guilty, so he persuaded Finn and escorted him to class. Lemon waited for Finn in front of the classroom's door. "FINN!" screamed the blonde girl as she saw her friend in her sight. She could guess the device was damaged, judging by his face. He looks rather upset, I'm sorry, Finn. Lemon was signing. He shook his head, That's fine!

They went back to class, and all eyes were on them. Finn and Lemon were having anxiety attacks due to awkward moments. "Right! I'd better get going! Be a good kid!" said the supervisor. They went to their seats since the teacher was heading for the classroom. 'Guess there's another way to bully this kid.' Lloyd didn't focus on the class.

Three days later~

Lloyd whispered something to Mash's ear. Mash nodded and went back to his seat. He then snatched the hearing aid from Finn's ear, making him bleed. "FINN!" cried a girl whom Finn talked to.

Four days later~

"Hey, Pete! Catch this!" Lloyd delivered Finn's hearing aid. It was the third one. Pete caught it and threw it out of the window. Lemon tried to stop them, but Mash held her down, "YOU ASSHOLES!" Lemon shrieked. Her friend, Finn, gets kicked by the whole boy in her class every time. Haven't they felt guilty? Sure, his brother is a big bully who messed around, but Finn is different than that. Not long after, Lemon moved school.

A few days have passed~

Mash and his friends walked home together. They were not far from school. They stopped as they saw Finn blocking their way, "Woi! Move it!" said Lloyd. Finn was signing his hand.

Me

and

you (Pointing at Mash)

become

Friends?

He knew Mash was a good guy. He observed him, and Mash only followed what Mash's friend told him. Mash tilted his head a little, "I-I don't understand. Sorry." Pete pushed Finn to the ground while Mash stared at Finn, trying to figure out what it meant. Finn took his notebook and pen from his bag, but Lloyd immediately snatched his book. He crumpled the notebook and threw it at the pond. "Let's go, Mash!" He dragged his friends until they heard a splashed noise. They turned around and saw Finn in the pond, trying to find the notebook. "What a weirdo." called out one of the boys. "I know, right!" Pete agreed. Mash looked at him and frowned.

Few weeks later, "Finn moved school!" said the principal in front of the classroom. People mumbled around. It was five months since Lemon moved school. They bullied Finn for nine months.

"And we heard from his mother that 8 of Finn's hearing aids went missing and damaged. She thinks that someone bullied him at this school. If anyone witnesses this bully, please come and see me." "Lloyd, don't act dumb! STAND UP!" yelled their teacher, who stood next to the principal. Lloyd stood up. "So, explain to me, you seem like a person who 'witnessed' this." the teacher called him out.

"IT WAS MASH!" Lloyd screamed. Mash's attention ran toward him. "Mash?" the teacher looked at him. Mash stood up, "I-Im-It's not just me. It's everyone in this class. Akari, you want to explain?" he glanced at his deskmate. "What are you talking about, Mash?" Akari started to fake her tears. "It's your fault." Pete suddenly stood up, "Mash forced us to do what he pleased!" Mash felt like his heart got stabbed, "No, THAT'S A COMPLETE LIE!" he shouted, not agreeing to this at all. The teacher went to his desk, "Meet me after this, Mash. We have a lot to discuss."

__________________________________________________

I'm exhausted now. Bye bye!