Chapter 9: Christmas Miracle

As the months passed, I started to think about what I missed back home in Metro City. I'd bet by now Astro is starting to worry about me and is thinking of trying to find me. It was now December, snow started falling and covering the town, the holidays were near and it was gonna be my first Christmas in Radiator Springs, and of course my first one without Astro. Lightning could tell that I was feeling blue, so he suggested that I build snow cars then take a break at the Café once I'm finished. I started building snow replicas of everyone in town, Sheriff was driving by and noticed my work. "Well look at that, you sure got some talent Ash. I'd say that your snow cars are the perfect winter attraction for today's traveler's rush." He'd then suggested that I turn my work into a little outdoor museum, I'd then added some of my culture's snow sculptures before showing my talent to the public. Lightning drove by to take me to Flo's, then stopped in his tracks after seeing my snow car replica of him. "Did you do all of this yourself? That's really amazing Ash! I'd bet that your family back home would be really proud of you!" I'd blushed a litte, "Well uh- I- I learned how to make snow sculptures from my brother. He and I used to make them in the front yard during winter, so I decided to make these two sculptures of me and him which dedicate our sibling bond, no matter how far apart we are." Afterwards, all of us were all chatting at Flo's planning out how our holidays will be when Christmas rolls around. "I've never spent Christmas away from home before, but I guess I kinda feel at home here..." Sally happily replied, "Don't worry Ash, we'll make sure you feel comfortable during the holidays. You can go sledding, make snow cars, write a letter to Santa Car, and help us out with decorating." She was right, I could have fun here and not worry about home. I lended a hand with all of the Christmas decorations, made more snow sculptures all over town as handmade decorations, I wrote a letter asking for something really special for Christmas, then ended the day with some nice warm oil. 

With Christmas just a couple days away, my spirits were high and I had a good feeling about spending the holidays in my newfound home. As the snow glistens underneath the sun, I started to think about what Astro was up to, and wonder if he's even thinking about me. Then, I started seeing him in the snow instead of my own reflection. Just thinking of him made me feel gloomy, but I had to continue thinking about what great things could happen this Christmas here in Radiator Springs. The town held a holiday festival for all traveler's, there were games, festivities, and a holiday parade to tie the whole evening together. I was a part of the parade, smiling happily while waving to the crowd, but thinking about Astro made me feel gloomy inside. As Christmas came, so did some presents from everyone in town specifically for me. I'd returned the favor and basically got everyone a present as well, I got a few more from Santa Car since he somehow knew that I had family outside of this dimension. We'd then all spent the day doing more town festivities, then out of nowhere, what looked like a meteor landed in the field where all the tractors were. I rushed there as fast as I could, when I got there, the object left a medium sized creter. As the smoke cleared, it wasn't a meteor, it was my brother, and he was badly hurt from the impact. I slid down to him to see if he was still alive, and as I saw him, he did look severely damaged. I gently grasped his hand, "Astro?... please... wake up... I'm really glad that you found me, now we can go home together." He'd slowly opened his eyes, "Astra?... you're ok... I'm so happy that I found you." Astro carefully sat up and wrapped me in his arms and stroked my hair, "I was worried sick about you, Dr. Tenma asked me to go look for you. I didn't know that I would find you in another dimension." He looked at my face and noticed two lightning bolts on my cheeks, "Is this face paint? Did you do these yourself?" He'd then ran his finger over one of them, but it didn't splotch at all, "That's actually the effects of this dimension... I can become one of them. They may be sentient vehicles, but they're like family to me." 

We'd then both returned to town, everyone was thrilled that I returned, but I had to tell them that I was going home. I said my goodbyes, then made a promise that I would come back into town someday. Once home, Dr. Tenma was relieved that I was back, then we'd all spent the rest of the holidays together as a happy little family. As I slept that night, I thought about Radiator Springs and everyone living there, maybe I could return to that small town with a big heart someday... but I knew that my life was still developing.