Chapter Five : The mercenary and the musician

As stated previously Harth had not yet met Sylvester the musician and wouldn't care very much about trying to meet him, Fern on the other hand was excited to hear more talent in the castle; Halobean of course had her magic tricks and silly acts and the others had skills and personality's all uniquely entertaining but it would be nice to see some more talent that was made to be performed in a castle. How they met wouldn't be as calm and collected as Fern would have imagined, and their importance would be greater than Harth made them out to be.

Like the majority of these stories, it started off with Halobean and Bart fighting, not physically this time but legally. Bart had managed to convince Halobean into marrying her through a false contract being marriage papers, because this was a castle matter it would be sorted out in the throne room. "ORDER! ORDER!" Cyrus screamed at the top of their lungs making the room fall as silent as it was on the fateful night monarch Astrid announced his murder, "Were here for the divorce hearing of Bart and Halobean, Harth as Halo beans defendant you go first" Cyrus explained to the silent room "Thank you your majesty, As admitted multiple times before by Mr. Holomew he forced Halobean into a marriage through false papers, faking a government document is a very serious crime so I'd like to suggest Bart not only gets a divorce but goes to jail as well" Halobean would not concentrate on her divorce but instead imagined Harth saving her from the evil villain that was Bart. "OBJECTION!" Bart screamed, he had no lawyer "I did such a thing" he did not finish that sentence he just admitted it plain right then and there; before Cyrus could talk two sets of screams came running out of people's mouths, one a Bart being subjected to Kate's cruel prank hallucinations another coming from down the corridor another pleading voice insisting they wasn't guilty. Harth looked over towards Cyrus to ask what were they to do "Everyone in this case is now excused for the time being while Harth sorts through her job" Bart gave a sigh of relief while still screaming.

Harth got out of the chair and grabbed her sword before heading towards the outside voice first, Halobean and Lone followed to make sure she didn't get hurt, and Fern joined them in hopes to see for once Harth's power everyone would talk so highly off. When walking outside Fern could spot a guard holding a sword to the throat of another individual, he had short orange-ish hair and wore baggy clothes almost in the style of a peasant but with a richer material. "I swear! I swear! I'm supposed to be here!" He was panting at the sight of the guards sword, "what's happened?" Harth asked her underling "This clear peasant is trying to convince me that he's a royal musician! He won't budge yet I'm afraid I don't want to use violence what should I do captain?" Harth signaled the guard to leave. "What's your name?" she asked the individual lending him her hand "Sylvester" Harth helped him up as he replied, Lone took the conversation from there "Were going to ask you to come with us to make sure you're not lying, is that alright?" Sylvester nodded his head. Fern gone ahead escorting Sylvester to the court room while Lone and Harth stayed in the back chatting occasionally laughing, they looked so happy when they were together all emotions looked so genuine coming from someone so puzzling and cold as Harth it was almost more off putting then wholesome. They still were the happiest two there that day, getting a divorce and nearly being arrested isn't exactly something that would be considered a good day for many, the day only got more hectic when the group made it back to the court room.

When entering said courtroom everyone took their seats and Harth had temporarily left to the side to speak to Cyrus "Your majesty may I ask if this is the royal musician he claims to be, yet I can't just take his word" the monarch confirmed, and the case restarted. "Bartholomew is it true that you purposely deceived MS Halobean into signing marriage papers?" Bart opened her mouth, but only loud banging noise had come back from the corridor everyone rushed out to see a mercenary threatening the very same guard before while Bart flees the area. Fern bravely steps forward and lets out a breath "Who are you?" the mercenary reply's with the same question before launching at Fern, as if some sort of miracle their eyes glowed with the amber mark of Alife and managed to doge the mercenary's attack, this was Ferns ability. After seeing the attack at Fern, Harth imminently rushed to fight the mercenary, the mercenary was up tight, he spoke with attitude mocking Harth and Fern. on the other end Harth had no need to talk the mercenary couldn't even get close to her she was agile and on point she didn't break a sweat or utter a word you'd hear the occasional scratch on the mercenary's body followed by the sound of dripping blood but other than that it was the clashing of the swords anger and stress. The main battle was commencing between her and the mercenary yet Fern still stood their ground, with their new found ability they could get close to the mercenary to distract them without getting hurt, but the second fern grabbed one of the polls from a broken torch and gone to hit the mercenary they got ahold of fern and through them on the ground. Harth got faster and faster too much for the fully trained mercenary to handle eventually that trend wouldn't go on as the last swing of the mercenary's claymore was swung, it was sudden and would've been impossible to avoid, so then how did Harth stop it from hitting her before it even reached her neck. The battle stopped Fern could've swore for a split second the white in Harth's red eye had turned black, but they were too busy exanimating their first use of their own ability and writing down the events that just occurred in their journal.

The mercenary was now huffing and collapsed to the ground, Harths sword met the edge of his throat "Can I get a job?" He asked to everyone's surprise, had he really just come here to get a job? Surely Harth would refuse, he just attacked everyone! Harth looked over at the monarch and then gave a glance back to the mercenary "Why should I hire you? 2 minutes." He caught his breath and then began to list of his strengths and attributes and compare them to the guard he had knocked down prior, he also mentioned that the castle was understaffed since Astrids death and was struggling with finances, Harth and Cyrus were the only two that had known about the struggling economic situation of the castle, the rest were astounded at the news. Harth was a bit uneased from the mention of it and Lone continued her questioning for her. "How do you know about this?" He crouched down almost to mock the mercenary's defeat in battle with a smirk on his face, "I saw advertisements and put the two together, that's all." Lone gave a concerning look to Harth and she transferred the same look to Cyrus. "Fine, your hired." she said. Everyone was bewildered at what just took place "Hang on don't guards live here? And didn't you say there wasn't enough room in the quarters when I asked to move away from Bart?" Halobean questioned trying to get Harth to rebuttal the decision, "He can share with Sylvester" Harth came up with a quick fix, neither the mercenary nor Sylvester was quite thrilled, "Why do I have to share with him? What did I do?" Sylvester angrily replied, "Well I've never seen you around the castle so you must sleep elsewhere quite a lot it won't make much a difference" Lone tried to crowd control as Harth escorted everyone back to the courtroom one last time.

When in the courtroom, Bart had gone missing.

The whole room let out a sigh and the court were adjourned not wanting to look for him, Halobean was in depression knowing that she was still married to Bart despite going through all the procedures. After quite a hectic day the group, now joined by Sylvester and the mercenary Itto, would sit down for a meal. Cyrus would calmly sit at the top of the table glad to be in such a buzzing and bright environment, Michelle would be outgoing and strike up an amazing conversation with whoever she was sat next too, Kate, Bart and Halobean the chaotic trio would spend the whole time arguing until there food go cold your slapped across one of their faces and Itto and Sylvester were not getting along at all. Lone and Harth would spend their time ignoring the rest of the group, they were closer than you would ever think a character like Harth could be to someone, she would never laugh at jokes, smile, anything really with that much personality apart from when she was around him. Fern would hang around them just watching more of harths personality unfold, but questions arose, what made him so special?

They felt like the happiest two people in that room. They felt happy. They were happy.

It only made what was about to transpire worse.

Finally, the start of the story.