Chapter eight : Death of an assassin

Itto was quickly being rushed to the infirmary he'd suffered a great injury reported by Sylvester who was now in tears, no one knew what had happened Itto was unconscious, and Sylvester's words were muffled in tears He has battle scars and was bleeding out faster than what was thought to be humanly possible. The sound of the footsteps running and the rusted wheels squeaking as they spin would be a sound imbedded in everyone's head even when they made it to the infirmary, the air was warm but still tinted with frigid air breathing out from the dead's mouths, Fern and Michelle stood there while Sylvester was in tears. He couldn't make a sound, but something happened to Itto, and they needed to find out what, Harth would've clearly been the best possibility she and Sylvester were getting close and a guard like her would've been appointed on this sooner or later, Fern left to get her while Michelle stayed to comfort Sylvester.

"You're going to be fine, He's going to be fine don't worry" Michelle tried to get Sylvester's head to come out of his knees but he wouldn't budge "Don't worry Ferns gone to get Harth shell sort it out I promise" that however did succeed to get Sylvester head to turn, but would it be out of thankfulness or fear, then it hit her like one of the swords she crafts in the chest "Do you perhaps have anything to do with why Itto is like this?" His shoulders tensed but he gave no answer "Let me change the question, Would you rather I ask you this and tell Harth or would you rather let Harth find out by herself, because I can guarantee you that if she finds anything that can be used against you it will be worse than what your about to tell me." Sylvester didn't budge but he did let out a sloppy murmur of words "Let me talk to Harth" it was covered in layers of sniffing and trying to wipe tears, but Michelle could just about understand what Sylvester was trying to convey.

Fern left the infirmary getting a sense of weight being lifted of them just from being in the room, they immediately started to head for Harths room, Lone was at his so presumably it would be fine. Harths door was situated just above the knights quarters and not a far walk to the monarchs it was grand and showed she had higher authority but not too much that people would think she's that important, after a few knocks Fern opened the door her room was warmer than any place this side of the castle she had a double bed situated at the middle of the room a drawer and a closet, it was bland apart from the armor and meddles located everywhere (and of course multiple flowers and other such gifts given by lone and her admires) there was no sight of Harth. Fern checked the throne room and dining room couldn't find her anywhere they were fully prepared to go back empty handed until she caught her strolling around the gardens "Harth rush to the infirmary quick Sylvester needs you" Fern shouted out the window and by the time they had arrived Harth was already there.

"Sylvester what happened" Harth asked him "I don't know" he replied finally looking up from his lap "I honestly don't know" Harth pulled something out with a guilty look on her face, it was handcuffs "I'm really sorry but I have no choice but to put you under arrest for the time being" Sylvester teared up even more but was compliant with harths orders. Fern was shocked but Michelle had seen it coming they was about to go confront Harth if it wasn't for Michelle stopping them, "This is her job, she takes no pleasure in doing this." Sylvester looked down at the hand cuffs on his hand he was used to being treated like a criminal by now, "Come with me to your room maybe you can do a little explaining at the crime scene" Harth was emotionless and used to doing her job, yet there was still a hint of sadness you could hear at the edge of her voice.

Sylvesters and Itto's room had blooded carpet the glass of the window frame smashed over Itto's bed, there was no glass however and no blood stains anywhere else but said carpet, "I wish I could tell you Harth but I truly don't know, it's fair you've arrested me but" Sylvester didn't finish there sentence before two guards stood there listening to her orders "investigate the place top to bottom see if you find anything" they started immediately, "Would you like to go on a walk?" She turned to Sylvester, he was shocked, but he accepted.

It was about evening time already; Slyvester came in rushing to the infirmary about 13:00 by the time Harth arrived it was 17:00 the sky was a pinky red and there was truly tiny light to walk around the gardens in. "Sylvester, why did you wait till 13:00 to report Itto's body?" she asked concerned "I was asleep, I don't know how I could've possibly slept through all of it but I promise it's the truth" Sylvester was terrified and shaken trying to profess his innocence, "I believe you" Harth said calming but also shocking Sylvester.

She undone his handcuffs as he released a sigh of relief, "You're not free just yet but as long as you remain in my sight you can have some sort of freedom" She barely gave a smile, "Thank you" Harth sit down on a nearby chair while Sylvester gone to look at the flowers.

There was a flower bush, it had the black flowers of death surrounding it, they were poisonous you should never touch one, Fern walked in the garden over to Harths bench "You let him free?" they asked relieved "Partially" she responded. Sylvester was getting closer to the flower bush "Don't touch that you'll die" Fern shouted, since their time in the castle they've cared a lot more for everyone, the thought intrigued Sylvester and they looked over the flowers, "Harth, you should see this" he backed up with a stutter in his voice. Fern and Harth walked over to him, there a masked dead body laid in the bush, Fern didn't even need harths confirmation to get back up. "All guards tell everyone the castle is under emergency lock down no one allowed in or out" she announced, it all happened so fast Sylvester barely had time to think.

He examined the body before realizing, "No what did you do" he mumbled to himself looking at the sword jabbed between the man's chest, "What's that?" she investigated the same direction Sylvester did, "This is Itto's sword" his voice filled with regret, "What?" Harth made sure Sylvester knew what he was saying "This is his sword" he confirmed. Harth sighed and looked to the exit adjusting her gloves and hurrying off, "Harth what are you doing?" said Fern, she wouldn't look back nor say a word. Once Sylvester realized what was happening, he chased after her "Harth no, wait please" he would repeat Fern running after them in hopes Harth would listen; she made her way to the infirmary it was pitch black outside and Itto was up. "Oh, Harth how are you doing!" he spoke in a nice yet condescending tone "Listen here you fucking pig" she slowly approached him "Who'd you kill?" she cut straight to the point, "Hey, hey, hey, calm down I didn't kill anyone... who didn't deserve it at least." Itto used a cocky tone while getting out of bed. His face was met with Harths fist which knocked him straight back down, Fern flinched at the sight it was impossible to tell how Sylvester felt his hand was clenched and his face was hurt.

"Sylvester" he spit out blood, "What about him?" She kicked him in his already injured foot making him clench up, Itto had never been seen in this much pain before. "Someone came..." he coughed out more and more blood still kept his mocking smile, "the little shit tried to slit his throat" she looked over to Sylvester "is this true?" he gave a shaken nod, "and do you know why?" she turned back to Itto who only gave a laugh in return, she kicked him once more in his stomach and before he could even open his eyes again there was a sword at his throat, "Assassins get given advice to not judge a book by its cover when they come for me" he took a break to cough "So they gone for someone weak looking like Sylvester first" his laugh slowly turned into a choke. Harth barely lowered her sword, "But I don't know, maybe they came for Sylvester" he was almost passed out again from the blood loss, "good to know" Harths black eye had come back followed by the same creepy smile "There will be a lot more deaths soon." Itto finally passes out and Harth advice the nurse to look after him.

She left the room followed by Sylvester running after her, "What do you want? Your free to go." she says with a hint of annoyance, Sylvester scrambles trying to look for what to say, "What about my room?" he says, Harth takes him to his and Itto's room, it returned to the state it was first in before the day began, "You cleaned it?" Sylvester was

surprised "my guards not me" she was about to leave until she started here whimpers coming from Sylvester's direction. She turned around Sylvester in tears again, Harth wasn't used to showing affection or mercy, yet she tried to comfort him, sitting next to him not saying a word. He looked up, before she could even say a word, he hugged Harth, she was stiff and never really used to this from anyone apart from Lone.

Hed finally stopped crying, relaxed his shoulders and fell asleep.