Chapter Fifteen: Reunited

It had been months since the full group had got together, over four months since Astrids death, just over a month since they had last seen Bartholomew and Michelle had always been busy with errands and her new boyfriend Fyonda, that's why it was to Ferns Suprise to see them both standing there as she entered the hall with Sylvester. Cyrus was quite pleased to see them back, "Ah Bart my little kettle boy your back!" while giving an approving nod to a clearly tired and unwilling to be there Michelle, "Fyonda was out so I felt like I should return, however I've heard Harths gone missing again, what a pity" it was true while the reunion was nice, it felt like one of the most important people of the banquet was missing. Sadness in Cyrus's sigh could be heard throughout the kingdom, "Why is it that when we get Bart back Harth goes missing? My kingdom truly is cursed" Fern had tried to comfort them, but it wasn't exactly false, this kingdom was cursed. At least it felt like it. Why did all these peoples happiness get killed by the monster of life? And how did it happen? Fern remembered back to times when Harth and Lone had seemed like an old couple in their honeymoon phase once again, but now, there relationship was hell reincarnated as a tie between the two.

Boiling tea melted the floor as Bart never developed from his roots the two months he had left, that was when Itto walked in taken by shock at Barts return, "Hello Bart?" he questioned without trying to make it sound rude but failed miserably. Itto noticed the monarchs distraught and questioned what could be wrong, "Oh sorry, it's just so lonely..." Cyrus's reply made Fern question, "Harth and her little. Boyfriend. Keep getting us all into horrible predicaments, I have no idea about what happened to Sylvester and" Cyrus leaned in closer to Itto to make sure Fern could not hear them, "Let alone what's wrong with Fern, there room looks like sherlock gone crazy over a cold case" Cyrus pulled back to see Bart standing right next to the two listening in.

"Why is master Fern named after a plant?" People continued to ignore Barts foolery. A knock on the hall door was heard, Itto had stepped over to Sylvester whispering something in his ear as Cyrus asked Bart to open it. It was Lone. There was no doubt about it, his dandelion hair was knotted with sticks and clusters of mud, his fancy attire ripped apart leaving a hole in his shirt to see his burnt skin poking out. Lone shook with anxiety but continued to smile at the surprise of Bart who in turn slammed the door on his face leading a cold whisp of air to smack him. A shaken bolt of terror struck Sylvesters face, Fern immediately jumping to his side clutching their rapier. Cyrus called out to Bart, "Open the door and make our guest some tea." The odds the tea would be somewhat deadly or have a negative effect was quite big, Cyrus knew this fact hoping it would influence Lone. Bart summoned the tea as he opened the door to Lone, "Tea?" he offered forcing an ugly smile, at first Lone denied walking over to Cyrus, "Drink it." the monarch stubbornly insisted.

Lone took one deep breath and unwilling drunk the tea, to his surprise it was one of Barts better concoctions and had no visible side effects. Cyrus stood up took Lones half-finished peached tea and handed it to Fern, "Put Nightshade in it" Nightshade, the black flowers of death lain in the garden, where Sylvester found his assassins, body lain dead in months ago. Michelle had heard the rumors of what Lone had hypothetically done to Harth and offered to get the Nightshade herself, she was close to Harth, despised Lone for what he did to her, glad to think Lone could die to her own hands she collected the Nightshade right away. Lone changed his direction over to a shaken Sylvester, "Where's Harth?" he continued to ask with concern, no one in fact gave any concern about Lones where abouts, his beaten up appearance gave the rest joy, "She ran away" Sylvester piled up with anxiety. Lone was heartbroken holding Sylvester's wrist in a violent rage, "What he meant to say is that Harth went on a trip." Cyrus raised their voice as the disgruntled Lone, "She gone to find you." Sylvester explained as Lone let go of his injured wrist, "I trusted you with Harth and you gone an screwed it up" he muttered with pain a tear forming in his eye. Lone apologized to Sylvester for his injury. It was short lived. "How could you let this happen Sylvester?" Lones tears seemed real, yet no one could be convinced, "I did the best I could" Sylvester pulled away forcing his kind smiles out to Lone, he could tell by Sylvester's gruff look that he did not care for him. Bart handed Lone the drink Michelle prepared, "Another tea sir?" Lone held the scorching plate and placed it on the floor below him, "your last was quite filling enough" Lone took a step forward towards Cyrus "Pardon my rude questioning."