In This Life, I Will Save The Duchy! Part 2

CHAPTER TWO: THE DUCAL FAMILY

Year XX74.

"Dad, Chris, wait up!" Little Emerald yelled, sprinting towards her father and older brother by the carriage. The two turned, spotting the bright, angelic figure of their younger sister rushing their way.

Grand Duke Walter: a tall man with broad shoulders and muscular arms that can be seen through his fitted royal uniform attire. His neatly groomed beard framed a strong jawline and complimented his blonde short hair, accentuating his authoritative yet kind countenance. Walter's piercing green eyes held a depth of experience, and lines etched on his forehead spoke of the responsibilities he bore. His only son Christopher, at fifteen, displayed the first signs of transitioning into a young man. Chris's lean frame hinted at a budding strength, with a mischievous glint in his hazel eyes, his tousled brown hair fell casually over his forehead. Chris wore a white long-sleeve shirt paired with a tweed vest neatly tucked into brown trousers, perfectly capturing his teenage spirit.

"Did you inform her about today?" Grand Duke Walter anxiously asked his son, Chris.

"Nope," Chris responded with a chuckle. "Hmm..." Duke Walter started to fidget. "Young Lady Emerald is as energetic as ever," Butler Werneck remarked cheekily, offering a faint smile. Werneck's neatly trimmed silver hair framed a face adorned with sharp features and piercing eyes. His impeccable attire, a suit with a white shirt and a black bow tie perfectly pressed, reflected his commitment to excellence in every aspect of his role as the Duke's most trusted servant.

"Dad...Dad... ugh," ten-year-old Emerald tumbled to the ground. "Emerald!" the Duke exclaimed, rushing to pick up his daughter. "Waaaahhh!" Emerald burst into tears.

Emerald, the youngest child of the ducal family, embodied innocence and energy. Her curly blonde locks framed a cherubic face, adorned with sparkling green eyes that held curiosity and mischief. At ten years old, Emerald's petite form exuded a certain charm, and her rosy cheeks accentuated her youthful vitality. She wore a petite dress decorated with colorful ruffles and bows, reflecting her lively personality and carefree nature.

"Good Lord!" Duchess Kristen rushed out of the greenhouse with a few maids to check the commotion.

Duchess Kristen, the Duke's wife, possessed elegancy with flowing chestnut hair that fell gracefully to her shoulders. Her warm brown eyes held both kindness and authority. She wore a regal gown with a pretty bow underneath that accentuated her graceful figure, and her gentle smile added a touch of warmth to her regal demeanor.

"Emerald, how many times have I told you not to run in the yard? Be a good girl and come with me to the greenhouse," the Duchess sternly told Emerald.

"No, I don't want to. I want to go with Dad and Chris," Emerald disregarded the Duchess's instructions while sniffing away her tears. "Goodness, Emerald..." The Duchess was fed up with her little one's naughtiness. She walked up to Emerald and the Duke, wearing a frown.

"Kristen..." Duke Walter softly called his wife's name while lifting Emerald in his arms. "I'll take Emerald with me today. I think it'll be best to bring my little ruckus to Linder. Countess Betty is visiting you today, right?" The Duke smiled charmingly at his wife.

"Ugh... all right, but make sure you don't cause trouble for Father and your brother, Emerald." Little Emerald nodded and turned to hug her father. "Haahaa..." Duke Walter burst into laughter. "Hmm... don't make me the villainess, Walter. Okay then, I'll go get things ready for the Countess's arrival," Duchess Kristen said, turning back toward the estate.

"Let's hit the road, shall we?" the Duke said, carrying his daughter in his arms. He strolled toward his son who stood by the carriage, observing the dramatic display by his sister from a distance. "Is our junior not grown enough to stop throwing tantrums?" Chris teased his younger sister with a smirk.