Chapter 3: The Tunnel

The fire exit door creaked open, and out stepped a nervous DogDay.

He acted so confident in his plan, but it was a mere façade. He knew this mission was suicide.

But his desire to leave, for his friends' safety and his own, pushes him forwards.

He hoped that the alarm wouldn't go off, but he was prepared to run if it did.

He found himself in a dark storage room, surrounded by trash cans and dumpsters. He could hear the monotonous sound of the lights above him buzzing, but he didn't see anyone around. He looked for the secret tunnel that was rumoured to be here.

"Where is it?" DogDay thought to himself, "I overheard some workers saying it was hidden behind something..."

He remembers workers talking about it on the day that CatNap – when he was a human – supposedly got himself electrocuted trying to escape a few years ago.

DogDay looked around and noticed a poster of the Playtime Park, a theme park recently created by Playtime CO.

The corner was peeling off, and he could see the corner of a door.

DogDay ripped the poster off the wall, and sure enough, there was a door on the other side.

He entered the tunnel and closed the door behind him. He turned on a flashlight that he had taken from the Playcare and followed the path. He hoped that the tunnel would lead him to the train station, and that he would get to The Train. He hoped that Poppy was still alive, and that she would agree to help him and the others.

He hoped that he wasn't making a mistake.

Eventually he got to where The Train was and got on.

He entered the code, and The Train trailed down the track.