Chapter 9: The Door

Dogday found himself on a narrow catwalk suspended in the air, surrounded by a chaotic web of pipes and wires that crisscrossed above and below him. The dimly lit space created an eerie atmosphere, and the distant hum of machinery added to the suspense of the moment. As he cautiously navigated the precarious walkway, Dogday couldn't shake off the feeling that every step might be a step closer to danger.

The critter's ears twitched as he heard the unmistakable sound of Huggy Wuggy's heavy footsteps from the other side of the tight space he squeezed through. Panic set in as Dogday realized the menacing creature was closing in, and the confined catwalk offered limited options for evasion.

Thinking quickly, Dogday decided to climb down to the catwalk beneath him, hoping to use the labyrinth of pipes and wires as cover. He skillfully maneuvered down a set of vertical pipes, his nimble movements allowing him to stay one step ahead of his relentless pursuer.

As Dogday reached the lower catwalk, he crouched low, using the maze of pipes and wires as a makeshift camouflage. The dim lighting cast long shadows, and he pressed himself against the cold metal surface, desperately trying to control his ragged breathing. The distant echoes of Huggy Wuggy's footsteps grew louder, and Dogday knew he had little time before the menacing creature arrived.

Huggy Wuggy lumbered onto the upper catwalk, his massive form casting a dark shadow over the narrow walkway. The creature's curious eyes scanned the area, searching for any sign of Dogday. The mischievous critter held his breath, silently praying that Huggy wouldn't look down.

The air became tense as Huggy Wuggy's deep growls filled the space. Dogday's heart pounded in his chest as he watched the menacing creature move closer, each step bringing it nearer to his concealed location. The pipes and wires above and below created a labyrinthine puzzle, and Dogday knew that his survival depended on remaining silent and hidden.

Huggy Wuggy, unaware of Dogday's presence, glanced around the upper catwalk, his searching gaze fixating on the surroundings. The playful critter, beneath the lumbering creature, pressed himself against the metal grating, doing his best to blend into the shadows.

The menacing creature, frustrated by the lack of visible prey, let out a low growl and continued his pursuit along the catwalk. Dogday, still on the catwalk beneath, waited until the echoes of Huggy Wuggy's footsteps faded into the distance before cautiously resuming his journey. 

As Dogday cautiously advanced along the narrow catwalks, the surroundings took on an unusual and enchanting quality. The metallic clangs of Huggy Wuggy's pursuit began to fade into the distance, replaced by an eerie silence. The mischievous critter's curiosity heightened as he approached the end of the catwalks, drawn by a mesmerizing sight painted on the wall.

Before him loomed a giant mural of a Poppy Follower, its vibrant colors dominating the surface of the wall. Surrounding the magnificent flower were multiple bloody hanging toys, swaying gently in the still air. Two Cat-Bees, a Bron, and a Boogie Bot toy dangled precariously, damaged and worn.

In the middle of the blooming flower, a door stood framed by the intricate artwork, warning messages scrawled around it, emphatically stating NOT to go through the door. Despite the foreboding messages, Dogday's determination pushed him forward. He approached the door with a mix of trepidation and curiosity, his playful nature compelling him to explore the unknown.

With a swift push, Dogday entered the room beyond the door. As he stepped inside, his eyes widened at the sight that greeted him—a wooden staircase leading downward, beckoning him into the depths of the mysterious space. The soft glow from the overhead lights revealed a long hallway at the bottom of the stairs, hinting at secrets waiting to be uncovered.

Descending the staircase with a sense of anticipation, Dogday found himself in a room adorned with wooden furniture and plush blue pillows scattered across the floor. The atmosphere was tranquil, a stark contrast to the tense catwalks and the looming threat of Huggy Wuggy. At the far end of the room, a locked door was concealed behind a cabinet, frustrating Dogday's desire to explore further.

In the center of the room, a small glass case held a sleeping figure—Poppy. The iconic character of Playtime CO rested peacefully, surrounded by an aura of mystery. Dogday couldn't help but feel a sense of reverence for the sleeping Poppy as he gazed at the glass case, happy that he had finally completed his mission.

He tapped on the case.