Chapter 7: Vents

DogDay sighed and got to his feet, his entire body aching. He stumbled to the gate, which was pushed up easily. He glanced down and sighed at the sight of Elliot's red door. He went in and found a large vent. It was big enough for him to stand in with out crouching down.

The metallic echoes of his paws resonated as he navigated the labyrinthine tunnels, he hoped they would lead him to Poppy.

As Dogday ventured deeper into the bowels of the factory, he could feel the playful adventurous side of himself that he played in front of the other Critters fading away. The screams getting louder in his head were like a siren's song, enticing him further into the unknown. Little did he know that his escapade had caught the attention of another resident of the factory – Huggy Wuggy.

In the vast network of vents, Dogday's excitement reached its peak as he finally caught a glimpse of the exit. The room was a kaleidoscope of colours, filled with oversized toys and cheerful decorations. The lights blinded his eyes.

Just as Dogday was about to step into the room, he heard a thunderous roar from the other side of the room. Squinting his eyes, he was met with the sight of Huggy Wuggy, his large eyes fixed on the critter. Realizing he had an unexpected and hostile companion, Dogday's expression turned from joy to fear.

Huggy Wuggy, driven by a desire to eliminate the source of annoyance, sprinted at Dogday with a menacing howl. The playful critter, now in a desperate bid for survival, darted through the small tight vents, with Huggy Wuggy hot on his heels.

 Dogday, with his agile movements, narrowly avoided the clutches of Huggy Wuggy, who pursued him relentlessly through the labyrinth.

As the relentless chase continued, the once harmonious atmosphere was shattered by the clash between Dogday's desperate attempts to escape and Huggy Wuggy's relentless pursuit.