Chapter 14: CatNap

The Smiling Critters, once rebellious comrades, now found themselves reluctantly adhering to CatNap's laws out of fear.

All except for DogDay, who noticed CatNap's questionable morals, and how he threatened the other Critters. 

DogDay didn't approve, but he never complained. He wanted to wait until CatNap opened his eyes and looked in the mirror.

But that time never came.

"The Prototype has shown us the path to order and control," CatNap proclaimed, his voice echoing through the desolate corridors. "We are no longer prisoners, but disciples of the divine mechanism."

The other Smiling Critters, who had once rebelled alongside CatNap, found themselves mentally imprisoned. The shadows of their former selves now danced around and teased them.

"Do not let fear dictate your actions," DogDay barked, sick of all of this madness. "We were once free spirits, and we can be again. The Prototype is not a god, but a machine, and it should not control our fate."

The other Critters whispered and murmured, agreeing with DogDay.

"Obey or face the consequences." CatNap looked over at him, full of rage. "The Prototype is our salvation, and dissent will not be tolerated."

Under CatNap's orders, the Smiling Critter plushies, once allies in rebellion, were now turned into enforcers of obedience. Their stitched smiles distorted into unsettling grimaces as they advanced towards DogDay, who stood resolute in his belief in freedom.

The once-playful plush creatures, now twisted into agents of oppression, attacked DogDay under CatNap's command. The air filled with the disconcerting sounds of seams tearing and mechanical parts clashing. 

DogDay screams and cries and begs for it to stop.

And eventually it does.

DogDay tries to get up, but his waist and everything below aches in agonising pain.

He looks at where the pain is coming from, and sees the bottom half of his body ripped off, and being mauled by the crowd of Mini Critters.