Chapter 11: Home

Angel had rushed home to change, too excited to wait to see her closest friends. Her maid Elain was quick on her feet helping her get out of her presentation gown. She had gone with a simple rose-colored dress with half her curls down and some wrapped in braids. She decorated her hair with tiny emerald jeweled flowers that complimented her green eyes.

Once she was ready she had gotten Elain to coordinate the staff into putting her gifts into the carriage before rushing down the stairs to go to the Bridgerton estate. Elain was rushing after her for Angel's excitement was too grand to hide. She had thrown everything on the floor and just as soon rushed out. Elain was fumbling around trying to clean up only to call after her mistress.

She bolted down the marble steps of their stately home once she made it to the parlor she had very skillfully avoided the eyes of her mama. She could see her complaining to one of the staff members telling them that the parlor had to be perfect for the suitors that were sure to come. Angel only shook her head at her fretful mama before giddily reaching the front door.

It had not taken long for her to arrive with the carriage, she had wondered if a second carriage was necessary but Elain insisted that there were too many gifts for one carriage to haul to Bridgerton's London home. She tried containing her excitement but made her way slowly up their front steps. For she knew that people were watching.

Once she arrived at the door she waited patiently for the butler. He smiled at her in recognition. "Lady Radcliffe what a pleasure to see you". She smiled at him walking into the foyer before her driver started unloading her gifts. "My apologies Humboldt for not sending a note before I decided to come for a visit. I was much too excited to come and see everyone and in my haste, it slipped my mind." He waved his hand at her, dismissing her worry. "Lady Radcliffe I am sure they will be nothing but happy to see you. It has been quite a while since your last visit. Let me go announce your arrival." She nodded her head as she waited for her queue.

She strode in her head held high "Hello Bridgertons missed me!" Her voice elevated joyfully her arms spread wide waiting for their reaction. Daphne, Eloise, and Franny did not disappoint as they ran to her once they realized who it was. They all tumbled to the floor landing on top of her giggling like school girls. "We missed you, Angel!" Hyacinth clamored from her seat at the table stomping over to the girls on the floor. "I want to hug Angel as well". Angel waved her over having another girl crush her in a hug on the floor.

As the girls slowly got up Benedict and Colin rushed over picking Angel up to give the girl a warm hug crushing her between them just like when they were kids. "Let me go or I shall faint." She with a breathy voice as she squirmed in the arms of her assailants. "Still dramatic as ever I see". Benedict laughed as he watched her struggle. Colin also chuckled at her but she was freed from their embrace.

She brushed off the imaginary dust from her dress before sneering at the boys. They were still smiling when she decided to jump on top of them pulling both of them down to the floor. Grunts and groans were echoing from the boys who had not anticipated the brutal attack. She kissed them both on the cheeks. "Clearly you have not learned your lessons as children". She got off them before making it to Violet, she hugged her tightly as she told her how happy she was to finally see her after so long.

"Well, it is true I have been gone a very long time but it has led me to bring something other than myself for this visit." She signaled to Humboldt before the doors opened the staff brought in what seemed like a never-ending assortment of gifts. She smiled as the girls squealed, the boys on the other hand looked agast at the surplus of things. Angel did not remember what she had put in the boxes she told them to have at it.

The girls were eager to open every box. She knew that they would find their respective gifts on their own. Everyone had found something that they truly wanted. Eloise seemed to be entranced in the books that overflowed from a wooden chest by the door. Colin was looking at some books as well but was more interested in some headpieces and jewelry that she had brought over from India.