jii

Aniket remained rooted in the car, his mind a whirlwind. The lingering touch of Alisha's soft kiss on his cheek sent shivers down his spine, transporting him to another dimension. He felt like a starstruck child meeting his idol, his heart still thrumming with an exhilarating mixture of joy and disbelief.

By the time he snapped out of his reverie, Alisha had already entered the mansion. He drove back to his own home, the giant portrait concealed behind his back, a futile attempt considering its size. Sneaking through the house, tiptoeing towards the stairs, he was inevitably intercepted by his youngest brother, Bhavesh.

"Bhai ap kaha ja rehi hain aur apke haath mein yeah kya hai"  Bhavesh inquired innocently.

Aniket's facade crumbled. He stopped dead in his tracks, a forced smile plastered on his face as he turned to his family gathered in the living room. "Are hum room mein ja rehe the thak gaye the naa.  Isiliye"  he mumbled.

His brother, Shlok, snickered at the transparent lie. "Bhai woh toh theek hai par apne dusre sawal ka jawab nahi diya woh kya hai?? "

Aniket sighed, his ears burning. "Yeah... Yeah ek token of gift hai Alisha ji ne hume diya hai.."

"Well, then open it na , bhai!" Diya, his younger sister, chided playfully.

Khyati chachi chimed in, "Haa aniket kholo kholo hum bhi toh dekhe unhone apko kya tohfa diya hai "

Meera chachi, ever the tease, joined the chorus, "Come on, Aniket, spill the beans! What wonder has she bestowed upon you?"

Surrendering to their playful curiosity, Aniket settled on the floor between his parents. He meticulously unwrapped the portrait, the anticipation building with each rustle of paper. As the final layer fell away, a collective gasp resonated through the room. Wide smiles bloomed on everyone's faces, mirroring the one slowly spreading across Aniket's own.

He stood speechless, captivated by the masterpiece before him. "Are waah bahut hei sundar "  Nalini, his mother, finally broke the silence.

"Sach Me kafi sundar tasveer hai ," Gauri, his grandmother, added. "Kisne banayi hai ?? "

Shlok, ever the observant one, pointed to the signature in the corner. "It says Alisha di's name here, Dadi sa. So she must have painted it herself."

Shiv, his grandfather, chuckled. "Seems this girl is quite talented."

Aviraj, his father, agreed." Agreed, bauji, Alisha has a special touch."

Nalini, sensing the lingering question in the air, turned to Aniket. "Did you thank her, beta?"

He nodded sheepishly. "Yes, Maa, I did."

The night continued amidst warm chatter and playful teasing, the portrait taking its rightful place as a cherished reminder of a special night and a budding connection.....

Aniket retreated to his room, his heart still racing from the events of the night. He couldn't resist reaching for his phone, his fingers flying over the screen as he composed a message to Alisha.

"Apne Hume Jo yeah achambit choda tha uss hadbadi mein humne apko apke janamdivas ki badhaiyaa hei nahi di !" he wrote. "Happy birthday, Alisha ji."

He hit send, anticipation gnawing at his gut as he waited for her reply. A moment later, his phone buzzed with her response.

"Thank you, Aniket! I had a wonderful time today."

They chatted for hours, the conversation flowing effortlessly from topic to topic. As the clock struck three, Alisha finally sent a message that made Aniket's heart sink.