A gift for you

"Y/N?" Said Kid in his angelic voice.

"Hm?" You replied. You looked up from your food and saw Kid looking back at you with admiration. Today was a Friday night, and you guys always went out to eat that night.

"Y/N, I have some really big plans for you and I. I hope you know that."

"Is that so? Something more than what we already have?"

"Of course. I have quite a bit more in mind actually..." Kid put his hand on the back of his head as he blushed and looked toward the floor.

This was a rare occurrence for the Reaper, as he was usually quite confident. These fits of embarrassment never lasted long though.

"...but that's besides the point," Kid continued with confidence, "I just hope that you'll keep me in mind when the annual DWMA Ball comes around."

This took you by surprise a little. You knew Kid liked you, and he knew you liked him, but Kid insisted on being a gentlemen. He set so many boundaries for himself and followed all of the rules. He was rarely this straightforward.

"I don't know Kid, I was thinking about asking BlackStar to go with me.." you teased.

But apparently you had gone just a little too far.

Kid was not amused. He looked incredibly upset actually. He was gripping his fork very tightly.

"Kid I was joking, I'm sorry. Of course I wouldn't ask anyone to take me."

His grip softened a little, but he was still on edge..perhaps he was thinking about something that happened not too long ago.

"Y/N you know I love your jokes, but I can't tolerate one's about...him. He is a coward and a dog. The thought of him even touching you makes me-"

He was getting upset again.

"Well Kid truthfully I was hoping you would ask me. "

The anger was gone, and he looked at you with nothing but love in his eyes once more. He smiled cheekily as he pulled a little black box out of his pocket.  He slid it across the table toward you.

"Oh Kid...for me?"

"Of course. I was hoping you would wear it when you accompany me to the ball next weekend." Kid smiled as you took the box and opened it.

Inside was a dainty silver bracelet that had Kids signature engraved on it. You blushed madly at the thought of wearing something with his name on it. Something that would essentially mark you as belonging to him.

Kid reached out and took the bracelet out of the box. With his other hand, he gently grabbed your arm and put the bracelet on for you.

"It looks perfect." Said Kid. "So are you going to be my date Y/N?"

"Oh of course Kid. I'd love that more than anything."