the getting ready chapter

Ding Dong Dong Ding

School was out for the day, and all the girls were rushing down the halls. It was the night of the dance, and they were all eager to get ready. Most girls looked forward to this night, even the ones who hadn't been asked to the dance were excited, because someone could ask them to dance last minute, while they were actually at the dance.

Kid greeted you at your locker, as usual, this time with Liz and Patty.

"Hiya Y/N! You excited to get ready??" Said Patty in her usual cheerful voice.

"Oh um I suppose so. All I really have to do is get dressed, and that won't take long at all."

Liz scoffed

"Um Y/N, this is the night of all nights. You need makeup, and a facial, and friends to hype you up. This stuff takes time girl."

Kid chuckled as he saw your confused face.

"I thought you girls could all get ready at The Gallows together. I already invited Maka, and Tsubaki. I'm going to go out with the boys for a quick game of basketball, and then we're going to get ready at Souls."

"The mansion has the BEST lighting in the bathrooms! My room has a full body mirror too. It'll be perfect!" Said Liz

Kid insisted you take his arm as he walked you to his home with Liz and Patty. They both thought Kids behavior was a little...formal and weird, but neither of them said anything.

Maka and Tsubaki met up with you, Liz and Patty. Kid parted ways with you, in a gentlemanly sort of way, and the 'fun' finally began.

Each of the girls took turns complimenting the other as they got their dresses on, did their hair, or tried on a pair of shoes. You had to admit...it was pretty fun.

You wore a beautiful dress that Kid had picked out for you a while ago. He practically begged you to wear it tonight. He even took a picture of you the day you tried it on at the store. It was his favorite dress of yours. You paired it with the bracelet Kid got for you.

The other girls teased you about the bracelet a bit. You'd never worn it to school before since it made you too embarrassed, but tonight seemed like a good night to wear it. You imagined Kid blushing at the sight of it.

Of course the other girls looked great as well for their respective partners. Liz and Patty were both going together, Maka was going with Soul, and Tsubaki had finally asked Black Star to go with her.

Everything was going great until...

Smack...CRASH

"Shit Patty!!" Screamed Liz

Patty had just bumped into Liz's mirror and it had fallen and shattered. Patty was getting a bit roudy...

"Oh....sorry sis..."

"Uhg...it's ok Patty..Y/N, can you go to Kids room and get his? Patty broke hers the other day."

"Oh um...ok" you said, feeling a bit...shy.

You open Liz's door and head to Kid's room. It's been a while since you've seen it, and the thought of seeing it again makes your heart race. Last time you were in there, things got steamy.

You open Kids door and immediately see the mirror. You go to grab it when something catches your eye. Something white is peeking out from Kid's pillow (which is directly in the center of his bed).

Odd....Kid never leaves things out of place. You can't help yourself...you have to go and look. You pick up the pillow, to see the picture of you wearing the dress you were wearing tonight.

And then you blushed madly. What was this doing in his bed?? Perhaps it was an innocent reason....but perhaps it was not. Now if he had a bottle of lotion in one of his night stands, it was settled. You reach your hand for the drawer, and stop short. No. You can't breech his privacy anymore tonight.

_________

All the girls were sparkling and happy. You hoped that the night would go well and not a single one of them would end up in tears.

"Y/N, Kids going to love the way you look tonight." Said Liz