Chapter 4: And so, today begins again

Summary of last chapters:

A mysterious letter was sent by an unknown author who 'kindly' instructed Hiyori to 'confess' to Ayanokoji. If she failed the instruction at 24 hours, the day will reset and ridiculously, this time loop will repeat until she succeeded! Fortunately, Hiyori manoeuvred around the instruction and finally got out of time loop! Hooray! Happy ending! Ayanokoji still had the 'I love you' recording! The end of this fanfic!

...of course not. The show must go on.

(Also I'm thinking of leaving readers' comments in the letter for the lols. Let me know what you guys think. And uh...not sure if anyone will be reading or I'll just be talking to myself, but thanks for reading this fanfic, again if you've returned.)

———————————

Hiyori stretched on her bed. Her arms finally loosened after all these days of looping and stressing over the 'confession' scenario, something she'll not ever wish to experience again.

But look! She finally was freed. Or so she thought anyways, as she stared at the empty desk that had the books returned to the library, the books that would have dreadfully stayed should the time loop still remain.

"I guess I can finally relax a bit more..."

Hiyori smiled, yet sighed. Magically, her body was not exhausted. It seemed the time loop also adjusted her health or sleeping cycle properly, yet nevertheless, it was extremely, mentally taxing to deal with a bizarre danger that she had no control over.

"Well, that's it." Hiyori murmured. She'll be dishonest to state that she didn't hold any grudges, that she wasn't spitefully curious of whoever was behind those 21 letters, but it felt those letters...did not contain any malice towards her. So she wasn't in a hurry to find the culprit.

If anything, it could also be stated that she wanted to thank the culprit! It had been a really fun adventure, mysterious, frightening, uh...weird, but it is memorable in more ways than one, and certainly she got to spend more time with her dear friend Ayanokoji as well!

Hiyori's smile got brighter. She almost felt...regret that it ended just like this. Unceremonious, anti-climatic ending that left many questions unanswered. It was not the first time she felt this since the last cancelled series of books she's read, yet this remanence within her certainly didn't spark any joy.

Oh speaking of ending...

She had to explain properly to Ayanokoji! Right now! Given how...embarrassing and awkward yesterday's situation has been, she felt deeply apologetic over the situation, but was too mentally exhausted last night to mind any manners...

...actually it was because of Ayanokoji's fault that she was embarrassed. Hiyori pouted.

And yet, manners are manners. So she got out of bed and walked to the desk where her phone is neatly placed. She also should reveal the letter as well, before offering to investigate the sender behind it together.

However, as she grabbed her phone with two hands and turned it on for the opening screen, there was...a notification, a notification from a mysterious sender that she should have, but didn't expect from.

Oh no...

A wave of foreboding, crisis and disbelief washed over her. As she clicked the notification and was sent to the SNS page, there was only one message by this mysterious sender...

Scenario:

Date and teach the target 'Kiyotaka Ayanokouji' about 'love' before the Last Special Exam. Break up with him as Year 1 semester ends.