Chapter 5: No Risks Without Firsts; No Firsts Without Risks

Current objective:

You have successfully not captured the heart of Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. But as love starts when you least expected, go and apologise to Ayanokouji by fulfilling whatever he desires. Success will depend upon Ayanokouji's satisfaction.

Difficulty:

Hell.

——————————

And so, the day ended with them returning to the dorm. After their farewells and separating, Hiyori returned to the bed, yet unable to sleep due to her anxiety.

Yet something felt...odd. One second...two second passed...three second...five...six...eleven...or was it ten?

Time felt oddly slow as Hiyori counted down in her head. Eventually, her eyes grew weary as her limps relaxed without warning, as she drifted off into sleep.

And when the dawn came, she woke up. She sat up as her eyes slowly panned towards the phone on the desk, just as if it was never touched 'yesterday'. The book she borrowed yesterday at their hangout, which should have been at the side, gone without warning.

Hiyori looked away. Today begins anew.

—————————

"Ayanokouji-kun, do you really want nothing else you can think of right now? No? Um...okay."

"Ayanokouji-kun, please...you really can ask for more from me, you know?"

"Ayanokouji-kun, may I...suggest something else? Like going for a drink or...something..."

"Ayanokouji-kun, do you have any books you would like to borrow? Need my recommendation? Oh...you've read it already..."

"Ayanokouji-kun, would you like to have some teas from me? They are..."

"Ayanokouji-kun, how about we...um...go-to-have ice cream today?"

"Ayanokouji-kun, have you tried this restaurant before?"

"Ayanokouji-kun, do you need anything? I-I can buy it for you! Ah-please something not too expensive though...."

"Ayanokouji-kun, have you run out of clothes? Would you like to do shopping with me? ...ah, You haven't? O-okay..."

And so, '15 todays' gone by, and no process has been found.

First, she tried asking what he wanted or more. He claimed a hangout is more than enough. Then, she tried suggesting ideas. He didn't reject it yet the loop still happened. So now, she tried probing if he needed or lacked anything. He insisted his life was sufficient.

All ideas experimented, exhausted and tended to. And yet, the dreadful loop still remained, and she woke up still frustrated.

She sighed. Now she was now sitting on a bench at the shopping mall, alone and lamented. She was going to Ayanokouji, but she figured she would face the same failure. Why wouldn't she? It had been 15 times after all.

She faced the crowd coming and going. Same scenery, same people and same conversations. One couple at the side laughing at the dastardly Christmas decoration. Another shop keeper at the door shouting for promoting new skincare products. A line of students queuing for the newly opened restaurant. It felt bizarre, she was not used to being in a crowded area before, and yet after '7 times' with Ayanokouji in this place, the familiarity oddly calmed her.

She chuckled exhaustedly. She must have gone mad, for growing used to such an unfair situation, isolated as everyone blissfully unaware that their shared times will be worthless under the cruel time loop.